Another "Pete is a tone God" post

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRStrat

Reaction score
I received the modules that Pete.........did an amazing job with!!!!!!!

BTW My main guitar is a Fender 1985 Stratocaster that I had a Floyd Rose put on it and Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates @ the brigde and DiMarzo's HS-3 in middle and neck.

Where do I begin........

The Mr. Scary sounds 110% better than it did. I liked the module when it was stock but thought it was just missing something. It has more gain without losing individual notes in a chord. He added an emence amount of warmth to it. The bass switch really makes it a 2 channel mod now. I can go from loose kind flabby tone to a tight and focused tone. I was even able to get that Zack Wyld modded Marshall tone out of it.

Now the XTC.....extreme tonal bliss!!!
This mods just sings with liquid sustaining tone. It is so rich and thick, lots of body without being heavy on the bass end. I can hear all the cool tube harmonics flowing from it. But my biggest surprise was when I pulled the gain knob out. That tone just really blew me away. Its hard to describe, it has the same full bodied tone without having the gain cranked up.
The videos on youtube (the same ones that convinced me to have him do my modules) DO NOT due his XTC mods justice!!

This is just one night of band rehearsal, I can't wait to play a gig where I can crank it up a bit and have the power tubes work a little magic with them.
My friend (he gigs with a Mesa Boogie Roadstar) was extremely jealous of my new tones. We even sent the output of my Randall RM4 to a regular power amp (instead of my Mesa 395) and the Modules STILL sounded AWESOME!!

He has exceeded my expectations by a huge margin. I am surprised that some amp company has not offered him a job.

He will be receiving more modules from me to have tweaked.

yeah... it really sounds like he is truly amazing... I do not know what he does for a living but it sounds like Randall needs to put out a line of Pete-Mods... maybe even a couple of new tones?!?! I would bet that they sell!!! If you can slap Kirk or George on an XTC, or SL module and change the faceplate why not slap Pete on one and give it some REAL killer tone!!!

i wonder if you can take a stock Clean and turn it into a KH1? i love that KH1, but i never seem to have free cash when i see one for sale.

I have a modern module that I'm dying to have pete turn into the Mark mod. Those clips on youtube sound great!

Latest posts