Any mod to allow modules run in parallel?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob1

Reaction score
If I recall the M4 correctly, it's got a master volume and supplies a frame and power supply for the modules but is limited as to running modules and modules channels (on the two-channel modules) in parallel. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

I like the idea of a lot of the available modules, and the fact of the active modding community but normally run preamps in parallel because I like the sounds that I get that way much better usually.

Presently, I'm using rack preamps and the preamps from heads and combos (out the effects loops or slave outputs) for this. I was using a mixer but now have Switchblades to route and mix the preamp outputs.

I like the idea of the Egnater and mod modules but the lack of parallel access is a depressing limitation. There are a number of "preamp in a pedal" modules on the market that instantly allow parallel use (Bogner Red and Blue are popular lately) but racking pedals is inelegant, the selection of preamps and mods/modders is not as good as with an M4, and all the pedal housings and unneeded foot-controls add a lot of unnecessary weight.

Ideally, modules should have MIDI control of all parameters, but I'd at least be fairly happy if they could be housed in a rack frame that would supply power and whatever else is needed while simply providing parallel outputs for all channels. Has anyone created a way to do this, or at least achieved a way to allow parallel output for each module (rather than for each channel of each two-channel module)? A phase switch at each output would be nice.

Many thanks...

Latest posts