Can FX units with 2 inputs/outputs be used in both loops?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
I'm just now using my first FX unit in the loop and I know mine won't work for this. I see that alot of the units (not mine of course..) have right and left inputs and outputs. Can you assign effects like EQ's, OD's, gates to the left input/output and go in/out of the serial loop... and time based effects like delay, chorus, reverb to the right input/output and into/out of the parallel loop?

warlok said:
I'm just now using my first FX unit in the loop and I know mine won't work for this. I see that alot of the units (not mine of course..) have right and left inputs and outputs. Can you assign effects like EQ's, OD's, gates to the left input/output and go in/out of the serial loop... and time based effects like delay, chorus, reverb to the right input/output and into/out of the parallel loop?

depends if your FX allow panning, most OD/EQ's don't
so the trick is having parallel routing for your fx blocks (and dedicated outs)

I'm kinda hoping that I won't wind up either having a bigger rack (don't get me wrong, I love a big rack as much as the next guy!!) with a separate EQ and gate for the series loop and an FX unit for chorus, delay, etc. in the parallel loop. Or using the rack and some pedals (EQ, gate..). Know of any specific units that do what you say?

warlok said:
I'm kinda hoping that I won't wind up either having a bigger rack (don't get me wrong, I love a big rack as much as the next guy!!) with a separate EQ and gate for the series loop and an FX unit for chorus, delay, etc. in the parallel loop. Or using the rack and some pedals (EQ, gate..). Know of any specific units that do what you say?

Probably TC Electronics G-system

The Peavey TubeFex. It is an older unit, but you can assign effects to the left or right channel.

check out the Digitech Studio Quad. 4 ins, 4 outs, routing can be configured in a bunch of different ways and you can put effects in any order you wish.

Latest posts