Can't find 1/4 amp 250 volt fuses anywhere

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
In the course of fiddling with the bias on my RM100 today, I popped a tube (side note: I think Bruce is serious when he says don't run this amp with two tubes pulled). The fuses for the tubes are indicated as 1/4 amp 250V, but at Radio Shack they only had them down to 315mA. I'm having trouble finding this exact fuse. In another thread, Bruce said the following, although I'm not sure it was about this particular fuse: "If you are really stuck, you can use 500mA fast blow if you play very loud. 250mA (315mA) fast blo if you don't play very loud." Does anybody know if I can get away with the 315mA fuse for this purpose?

I pulled a bonehead move when cleaning sockets...I wiggled too hard and snapped the center plastic thing inside the socket, then when removing the fuse, crushed the darned thing in the holder!

Needless to say, a little research later landed me at Fry's. I got a 4 pack for $3 or so.

The guy at Radioshack tried to hand me a 2.5amp slo-blo fuse! :shock:

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the nearest Fry's to me is out in the Chicago suburbs (I'm in the city proper). You'd think there'd be lots of places to buy items like this in a city this size, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any.

Whoopysnorp said:
I think Bruce is serious when he says don't run this amp with two tubes pulled
:shock: Wow - don't know how I missed it, but I was never aware of this. Does that warning also go for pulling the fuses but leaving the tubes installed?

HughJasol said:
:shock: Wow - don't know how I missed it, but I was never aware of this. Does that warning also go for pulling the fuses but leaving the tubes installed?

I just went and found the post where I thought he said this. Turns out he was talking about running the amp with no power tubes installed, so maybe running with two tubes wasn't my problem. Hope that doesn't mean I have a bigger problem! Anyway, fourth post in this thread: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12507

Whoopysnorp said:
HughJasol said:

I just went and found the post where I thought he said this. Turns out he was talking about running the amp with no power tubes installed, so maybe running with two tubes wasn't my problem. Hope that doesn't mean I have a bigger problem! Anyway, fourth post in this thread: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12507
What a relief . . . Thanks! :)

Still trying to find out whether I can use a 315 mA fuse in this application. Anybody know?

I'm not sure. Why not just order online? It's usually cheaper anyways. Amazon, Fry's, Mouser, Digikey, etc. all stock them.

I went the local route due to a time crunch. That's the only reason why.

I couldn't find the right ones online last I tried, but I guess I'll have to try again. I imagine they'll get me on shipping unless I can come up with something else I need to order along with it.

Latest posts