Check out my two new custom JF Tweed mods NOW WITH 2 CLIPS!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63141788@N06/5741263825/in/photostream
Two clips can be found here: http://soundcloud.com/jace-nuzback
Thanks to Rob at Jaded Faith and SacredGroove for my lovely custom Tweed modules!
I play two RM-50s in stereo. 6L6s in one, EL34 in the other, thus the need for two.
I've tried just about every clean module, stock and mods, other than the TwinFace. I'm not really a Vox guy, but I have owned a SuperV and played the TopBoost. For me, these are the best clean modules available if you want a Fender tone.
The bright switch function is hard wired ON and the switch is now a MID BOOST. Rob nailed this, as the mid boost completely brings these to life! There's also a push/pull on the gain knob for a brighter, hotter gain tone when pulled. I usually play it pulled, set as clean as possible.
I invite Rob to chime in with the details if he'd like.

SacredGroove did a kick *** job on the face plates! He's working on a Relic, road worn version too!
I'll get some clips up when I can, but it might take just a while.
Cheers,
Jace

It's really cool when you get to do something outside the box and be creative. Jace has always been a bit of a envelope pusher for me, asking for things I don't typically offer. Three times now I struck gold after one of his requests!

These are actually some of the coolest modules I have worked on in a while and really amazing because they started life as Blackface and Deluxe modules. The gain and mid boost circuits on these were both firsts of their kind on clean based mods for me. Even better was having his original module which he loved sent with the donor as a benchmark. It really benefited from tuning module B while checking the progress against A. In the end, it was well worth it.

Glad you are enjoying these and I look forward to hearing your clips!

Rob

Bump for new audio clip.
Gibson Burstbucker Pro neck, Jason Lollar Imperial bridge pickups.
Clip starts with neck pickup, then middle then bridge pickup.
Starts in normal mode, then goes to Mid Boost mode.
SM-57s into M-Box3.
Sounds like I clipped the A/D converter slightly a few times although the meters never showed anything.
I really dig the mid boost tones!
Jace

By the way I'm having Rob install the same mid boost switch in my Salvation Mash-all. Replacing the bright switch that will be hardwired ON.
Rob has already done some clean up work on my Mash-All previously and it sounds SO much better then it did originally. Quieter, more articulate, etc. Not that it didn't sound amazing from the start Anthony! We just made it a little bit more me. :roll:
Jace

I agree, mid boost version rocks.

I had an RT2/50 once upon a time I liked to do the 6L6/EL34 thing into two cabs...sounded monstrous! \m/

Latest posts