Dead RT2/50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It pains me to have to do this but I need to revive the thread, my poweramp has started cutting out occasionally, on either channel just loses all its power and gain, sort of retains the volume but goes quieter when the gain dies. Also I just swapped the el34s from channel 2 to channel 1, they werent biasing up properly they had a 6-8v difference on channel 2, on channel 1 they are within 0.2v of each other, have left it running for an hour and they vary slightly, but always stay within 0.2v difference, I'm assuming that this change is normal with heat, and maybe variable power supply from the grid? Any thoughts are sure to help, as I am no expert. I should point out that the amp runs perfectly 90% of the time, but as i have a gig on friday I dont want to take the risk, and my backup amp is a 100watt SS laney, not a good backup i know but its something!

Id just like to point out that I've been using the RM4 and RT2/50 for bass through a stock tweed module, and its **** impressive, I'm using an 8x10 custom bass cab with eminence speakers, i believe they're out of an Ampeg 8x10 cab. The clarity and power is amazing, my bass has active emg's which probably help with that but who knew these things were such good bass amps, cant wait till I can afford a superclean to try the bass with that

Latest posts