Defenders of the Faith (JadedFaith Pr0n)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoth

Reaction score
So I ordered a couple mods from Rob at Jaded Faith based upon recommendations here. I decided on a Voxless because I loved the concept and Mattfig's clip sounded killer.

For the other module, I have always had trouble coming up with the sound of the Demeter Amp used on Stone Temple Pilots' album Core. So I thought, I would just tell Rob I want "that" sound and see how close he could come using a stock Ultra as a donor module.

Then I lucked upon a trade for an Rverb which is based upon the classic Orange Rockerverb. I have always wanted to own this amp. For me it is the sound of british classic rock.

Voxless

What can I say that hasn't been covered in the other threads regarding this mod? The Vox side is chimy and compresses very nicely and sounds, well, voxy. It is very touch responsive and is a great representation of that uber trebly vox sound we all know.

The Matchless side is pure bliss. It has beautiful cleans with a snappy distorted sound with pushed treble undertones. There is a reason why Matchless amps, especially the DC30 and Chieftain, are modern classics. This mod captures much of that Matchless magic. This is now holds the spot in the clean side of my RM22.

Kore

This is the custom STP module that I left up to Rob's ears. Initially, I wondered whether Rob would just put a new faceplate on the stock Ultra and see if I noticed any difference in the sound :lol:. Playing this module with the Core cd lays any of that wondering to rest. Rob captured a lot of the Demeter's distinctive sound. It is a very saturated distortion that still retains an almost strident crispness in the high end but with great string separation. With the gain boost engaged, it can be a monster. I don't think it will replace my SLOdano for everyday use, but that wasn't the point. I wanted a specific sound that I couldn't get otherwise, and this does it. *Edit: One thing I forgot to say about this mod that is a big selling point is that it is EXTREMELY touch sensitive. It beats almost every mod of mine in this category. Not sure how Rob did this. I have also made a very very rough iPhone clip of this mod. Hopefully it gives you a slight idea of the mod.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6wA5nXjoRo

Rverb

This mod is a great take on the Orange sound. The cleans are really really nice and when pushed you get that almost fuzz like distortion that you can hear on classic Led Zep albums. The midsweep is a very welcome addition to the mod which really helps tune it in to my rig, the room and the sound I hear in my head. I have to stress, no preamp mod alone will get you exactly the sound of a complicated amp that has many discrete elements to it. But this is a highly recommended mod that can get you very close to a sought after sound for a fraction of what the actual amp would cost (and a fraction of the weight!).

YMMV and these are just my opinions. But a big thanks to JadedFaith for great customer service throughout this process which was pretty quick and painless. And thanks for the great sound!

JadedFaith1.jpg
[/url]

Thanks for the kind words and so happy to hear you are pleased! It was an interesting challenge designing the Kore module for you. There is little to nothing to be found on the Demeter amps out there, so this one was a real tune it by ear project. I must have spent 2 entire days sitting at the bench with that module and cranking the STP CD's in the background. The touch response was a cool part of the design and I am glad you can appreciate that!

Rob

Rod said:
Wow.... Absolutely great tones!! Amazing...

Thanks man. I really never make demos and just hope that people could get something useful out of this.

Latest posts