demo using Rob mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboy5150

Reaction score
This is just a rough draft of a new song I wrote (cheesy drum machine and all) that I threw down for the band to hear; i usually record these with a POD and click track but figured I'd mic up the rig instead. Clean tone is SuperV (Rob Mod), crunch rhythm is Plexi (Rob Mod), and lead is Rob's VHT (modded KH3). I'm running the VHT at low gain, around 10:00, so it's on the dry side but you can get a good idea of the unique tone of this mod. This is a 20 minute effort with no eq or mastering or any of that stuff, but you can get an idea of how these Rob mods sound.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7999860

cool stuff! It's great to finally hear some rob-mod clips
I just landed a used RobPlexi this week, very impressive

Man....that was some sweet tracks!
I am loving my mods and still digging the VHT module the best.
The plexi sounds great too and is my most versatile module out the bunch.
But of course for pure BRUTAL HELL ON EARTH......
the Cobra Killer!! :twisted:
Dont get any heavier then that! 8)

man the chorus on the chorus makes me ask

listen to nirvana much?! LOL.

Very nice.

I think if you double the vocal on the chorus or add a low level harmony on the chorus would really flesh out the song

fuzzyguitars said:
man the chorus on the chorus makes me ask

listen to nirvana much?! LOL.

Very nice.

I think if you double the vocal on the chorus or add a low level harmony on the chorus would really flesh out the song

Ha; I'm busted! yeah, St Kurt is a huge influence; this is just me laying down the idea but we're going into the studio early sept to do about 7 new songs which will have doubled up vocals, harmonies etc. Our singer is a lot better than me too; I just write the stuff ;)

Sounds good my man! I should have some sample clips together within the week now.....feel like I said that before! But the band is recording right now and there is no excuse since I am in the lab working anyway.

All the right ingredients to be a great song!
4 parts driving rhythym
1 large helping of spicy vocals
1 part crisp lead solo

wa la!!!!!

St Kurt! I love the chorus. I miss Kurt.

Too many chops on display in the solo. It has to be the anti-solo solo.

PS: You gotta Mustang? or Jagstang? I got a red one. :lol:

Edited to mention -- song has a very good hook.

Julia said:
St Kurt! I love the chorus. I miss Kurt.

Too many chops on display in the solo. It has to be the anti-solo solo.

PS: You gotta Mustang? or Jagstang? I got a red one. :lol:

Edited to mention -- song has a very good hook.

You've gotta Jagstang? sweet! nah, i don't have one, maybe someday; Nirvana is certainly an influence on my songwriting style, but I played lots of VH in the 80's too ;)

It's a Dakota Red 2006 Mustang w/ MOTS White pickguard. I like running the pickups out of phase with a treble booster or germanium fuzz into the Grail preamp. In phase they're cool too.

The Jagstang is just that Kurt modded the Mustang and put a humbucker in the bridge.

Latest posts