• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dumping a lot of FX pedals... some line level

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Here's the scoop: If you're using a Randall RM series head, the fx loop is line level. This means most pedals are going to sound like crap in the loop. I just bought an Axe-Fx, and whether I use the modelling stuff in it, I for sure will be using the fx in it with my tube amps. So I have a bunch of pedals that need new homes.

Email me at okstrat (at) cox (dot) net for details, DO NOT PM ME. I'm going to list what I think would have special interest for the RM crowd first, which is why it's here and not on the other classifieds page. If you want more than one pedal, we can figure out a discount. All prices are plus shipping, figure around $10, I only ship FedEx. I know USPS is cheaper but I like being able to track packages while they are en route, and when a USPS package is late they just tell you to wait a week and call back. Screw that!

Boss DD20 - Boss Digital Delay, runs at line level, so it sounds great in the RM loop. Very nice delay, has velcro and lived on my board for awhile. No issues, works great. $170

Boss CE20 - Boss Chorus pedal, like the DD20 above it has two footswitches. Runs at line level too. $100. I don't know why these aren't worth more, I paid much more than that new for mine.

BYOC Tri-Boost. This is the coolest boost pedal ever. EVER! Here's the description from Build your own clone.com: The TriBoost is the ultimate boost/preamp for guitar. The three most essential circuits in one unit -- A
germanium boost that uses an NOS European made germanium transistor, based on the Dallas Rangemaster treble boost for warm vintage tone that's a little on the dirty side. A silicon boost based on the
Linear Power Boost for a full frequency kick with tight punchy low end. And a MosFET based boost for sparkle and chime. A 3-way rotary switch selects between the circuit modes and the LED status light changes colors from red to blue to green when you switch between the three different modes. The Rangemaster is great for adding a little brightness to those old darker sounding British designed amps, but can be too shrill on some of the brighter amps....Not a problem here. There is a toggle switch to change the germanium mode from a treble boost to a full range or mid range boost. So you can still get that pure vintage "beano" tone, or you can customize it to fit your rig with the flip of a switch.

The kit unassembled sells for $95 plus shipping. Mine with a crazy swirl paint job (and paint chips, unfortunately) is $120. Can use a 9v or run on a boss adapter. Pic of the tri-boost at the end of this page. :)

BYOC Chorus - built from kit, painted by me, ask for pics - $99, not line level, 9v or can run boss adapter
BYOC Phase 90 - built from kit, painted by me, ask for pics - $99, not line level, 9v or can run boss adapter

Boss HR-2 Harmonist Pedal - rough shape but works 100%, does intelligent harmonies, dial in your key, scale, and which two intervals you want. Can also do a real thick 'stationary chorus' detune trick with it too. $140, 9v or boss adapter obviously, not line level

Whammy IV pedal - $140 with power supply, not mint but works 100%, no batteries in this thing. I think it has midi, I just used it to scare the hell out of my cats

modded TS9 Tube screamer - did the typical mods for better tone, custom tweaked the clipping circuit, it's a lot like a landgraff, or at least the internet copies. $99.

again, do not PM, email okstrat (at) cox (dot) net. If you need any of these pedals for a gig tomorrow, don't bother, it will be late this week or early next week most likely before anything ships out. Sorry, FedEx is a pain to get to and I'm a busy guy catching up with modding modules. :)

triboost.JPG

Pete

Hey Pete,
Im interested in the modded TS9 that you have for sale. I have emailed you regarding this as well as getting a couple modules modded by you but have not got a response.

Please let me know if this is still for sale and if you received my emails about modding some of my gear.
Thanks,
Shane

Yep, it's available, my email is down today, was hoping to get some people replied to. :) Hopefully cox communications will get my email back up... been in and out of pocket all week too. Thanks for your patience. :)

Well I had a little change of heart this afternoon. I was just going to to get rid of the XTC and pick up your TS9, but I figured Id get it modded and give it a second try, so it kinda leaves my funds a little short.

But Im still looking to put a little money in your pocket. Id like to get the following modules modded:
SL+
XTC
Ultra
Plexi
I guess I need to get a total on these and where to ship them to.
Thanks,
Shane

Latest posts