Egnater Rebel vs rm20

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
My rm100 went down right before an audition, so I bought an Egnater Rebel....very cool amp, good tone, impressed the band enough to warrant continued jams= mission accomplished

Now I'm thinking for the same money I could get an rm20 head and use all these modules I invested in...but this Rebel does sound inspiring, and the 1 watt is funny (though still way LOUD)

Can an rm4 feed into the return on the Rebel fx loop?
Would an rm100 do it- is that what slave does?

I have 30 days to play around before I return it if that's the option- hard to do when it sounds this good!

You should be able to feed anything into the rebel's fx return.

As far as the Rebel goes... I prefer the RM20 personally. You do give up the cool power/wattage control and the ability to blend tube types. But you gain....

ability to use MTS modules
footswitchable tube boost and gain

Either choice is cool... but I just really dig the RM20s. With a good overdrive pedal and a medium gain module you have basically a four channel rig. Check it out...

load say a plexi module in the RM20

Pull volume back on gutar - you have a passable clean
full volume on guitar - crunch
overdrive pedal with crunch - high gain
boost pedal in amp - volume boost for solos and can add more gain

Not bad for a rig you can carry in one hand!

Pete

I was leaning this way Pete- it's just hard to give up gear! GCenter, I'll be back soon...

I played with a rebel to check out the rebel cabinet and really like it. The switching power tubes were pretty cool. I just bought a rebel cabinet for my RM20 head tonight.

I plan on using it like okstrat describes with the plexi module. I'll be using the JTM instead. At least for now. The rebel is pretty nice but I think I'll like the RM20 overall.

impressions from the battle:
Rebel is very clear, at times very inspriational...but not really a fair fight as an assortment of Pete mods were in my rm20: SL+, Treadplate, JTM, XTC, Topboost, ....

Latest posts