• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
I have a black pearl Ibanez USA Custom Shop RG from 1990. 24 frets, reverse headstock, black chrome hardware and shark tooth inlays.The RG neck cavity is stamped with H&S as well as the neck and some other things that I can't exactly make out. Sorry for the poor quality pics, my camera sucks, and as you can tell, it's also dated incorrectly:

Ibanez001.jpg

Ibanez012.jpg

Ibanez002.jpg

Ibanez009.jpg

Ibanez008.jpg

Ibanez015.jpg

Ibanez013.jpg

So here's the info on her:
-Subtle black pearl finish (one or two pinhead dings, I've done my best to photograph it if you need to see pictures) other than that it's a pretty much mint finish. The finish is so subtle that unless you look at it really carefully and get the right lighting, you can't tell its pearl.
-24 frets, they feel like jumbos and I've polished them up, took a ruler to them and they're level as far as I can tell.
-There's a DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge and if I can find it I'll put in a Duncan Jazz, if not I can put a no name neck (I'll cut the price by $50) or a DiMarzio Distortion.
-All of the original parts are on her, I haven't replaced anything but the trem cavity cover, and the screws (though I may change the output jack). This has the original DiMarzio 500K pots, the 3 way switch, the mini switch and capacitors that were put on her when she came out of the factory.
-The neck has a small fracture and a small area where, from what I was told, the guitar hit something and some wood was taken out (which also caused the fracture), it's was dealt with by a luthier at the time and I've seen no issues with it. Mind you the repair was done well over 15 years ago, maybe 20.
-The original Ibanez Edge is on it (It's missing the arm but I can try to locate one for you at an additional charge, just the cost of the part)
-Black chrome hardware
-Looks like a quarter saw maple neck, with a either a tung oiled finish or a very thin, very smooth clear coat, I can't tell (it's an extremely thin and fast neck), but the front of the headstock is definitely cleared (though worn). The neck has 1 ply binding and a very nice rosewood board that I couldn't properly photograph the grain on.

The original neck screws are on her (well, 3 of them) but I'm going to include a set of new screws that aren't oxidized. The only part I've replaced are the pickups, and a few screws/back cavity cover. If you have a neck pup you want put in, or your own set I'll install them for free. I can ship this guitar with the neck detatched to make shipping easier, and cheaper (as well as not risking the neck being broken), if not I'll string her up and send her out. She doesn't have the orignal TRC, and to be honest, I'm not even sure if she ever had one. The TR on this guit is not one that uses a hex key, it's one of those hex nut TRs, Gibson style. I'm asking $600 as is plus shipping. I was told I'd get $800 easy for it. With only the bridge pick up or without pups I'll sell it cheaper.

I also have a set of 3x3 copper/bronze Grover rotomatics (I believe that's the model). I'll let htem go for $35.

I have references on the Dean Forum if anyone wishes to see them.

I SHIP INTERNATIONALLY SO LONG AS THE BUYER PAYS SHIPPING. Shipping costs will generally be lower as I do not need to buy boxes (usually). I charge only exactly what I need.

I need money more than anything, so partial trades are considered of all sorts. iPods/guitars/parts etc. I'm dropping the price to 600 as is which in all honesty is a good deal.

Latest posts