Good results with Morley Effects Loop Corrector and RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WienerDog

Reaction score
I've been using my TC Electronic Nova System in the loop of my RM50 for a while now, with good success. But recently I noticed that with some of the pitch-based effects I was getting some overload/mush in the sound. So I decided to try out the Morley Effects Loop Corrector box. It works great. Now I run my modules at about 2:00 or 3:00 volume, and have more room to work with the Nova's input level control. Plus, the effects sound more clear.

Also, the Morley box has very little, if any, effect on the tone. I did a test by running the Morley-Nova set up through a true bypass looper, so I could hear what impact the Morley had. There's virtually none.

I agree with this 100%. I just recently picked up a Digitech GSP1101 to run in 4CM with my RM100. And, I refuse to run my module volumes any lower than 3:00... Everything else I e put I there just clips to hell, even with the Morley/EbTech. But, the GSP works great with the EbTech. I just use it to knock down the signal from the amp send & use the GSP's output volume to control the return level & find unity gain/volume. So, I could get by with half of the unit, lol. It is completely transparent (both the GSP & EbTech), and the ebtech even knocks out the little hum I might get from the WRHB's in my Tele.

Great product!

Corium, if you use the GSP in the loop, do you still use the Overdrive/Distortion models at all? I thought that they would be better before the MTS stuff in order to push on the modules a bit.

ricky said:
Corium, if you use the GSP in the loop, do you still use the Overdrive/Distortion models at all? I thought that they would be better before the MTS stuff in order to push on the modules a bit.

Using the 4CM, it places the OD/Dist in front of my pre's (or it's pre's), and the fx in the loop. I'm not terribly impressed with the OD's & other front of amp fx yet. My vox tonelab's OD's are much better. So far... I need some more time with it to make that final determination tho.

Good thread going here! I hadn't heard the term "4CM" before, but went ahead and researched it and guess what -- I've now got a Line 6 Pod HD500X floor processor on the way (got it for a steal in a GC online flash sale). So I'm looking forward to trying it out in 4CM with my RM50. This could end up replacing lots of the gear I have!!!

WienerDog said:
Good thread going here! I hadn't heard the term "4CM" before, but went ahead and researched it and guess what -- I've now got a Line 6 Pod HD500X floor processor on the way (got it for a steal in a GC online flash sale). So I'm looking forward to trying it out in 4CM with my RM50. This could end up replacing lots of the gear I have!!!

I've heard good things about the HD500 from other forum members as well. I think you are right, that it will replace a lot of gear - and sooo much easier to deal with when playing live.

Latest posts