Halloween Global Jam Video: sign ups

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Hey

Please respond if interested. Ability level is irrelevant, cool attitudes and tasty notes can go a long way. Shredders also welcome!

I have a track ready to share:

http://soundcloud.com/crankyrayhanky/creep-juice

I played it on a 7 string, standard tuning with a dropA bpm113
It's in A Hungarian Minor
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar

Here's the solos spots
1) 1:33>1:50
2) 1:59>2:16
3) 2:25>2:41
4) 2:58>3:24 HARV

#4 may be spoken for, but the others are available
I'll put this up on a few forums, so if you want in, let me know.
I can post my TAB notes later if anyone is interested

I usually track the audio, then later on use my ipod to 'sync' and play for my video performance. If you want to do it all it one shot live, go for it, but I find seperating the 2 to be much easier.
>>Must wear a mask, costume, or face paint>>

I'll need some strict deadlines on this, as I want to put it out before Halloween. I need at least a week to edit it, so I'll make October 14th the deadline for audio and October 21st for the video. Please use dropbox or similar site, not email as my email transfers are horrible.

FYI: the Jam city/Done with You is almost complete, still waiting on a video submission.

Shredding away in an Ultraman costume sounds like loads of fun, but I fear my complete lack of technical/recording know-how precludes my participation. I do look forward to the results, however.

Tick Tick Tick

Anyone on the fence due to techie stuff, know that the video part is much easier than you would think. Record on your DAW than come back later and shoot the video footage- even a smartphone would work. Send me the raw files and I'll sync it up and make the edits.

If I'm going to meet the 10-31 deadline, I'll have to close this off soon- meaning I'll have to take the solos myself. I prefer to bring in other players, so jump in if you're feeling frisky.

Shoot...I missed the deadline for this one, but I would like to get on board for one of these jams. They look like too much fun...So let me get this straight for my small brain: 1. I get a slot to fill on the track you provide, 2. I record a solo or track for that section, 3. I record a video clip to go with it. OK how do I sync up the audio to the video or do you do that in post? Would I be "lip syncing" the track for the video?

Hey
I just saw this post
Yes you are correct on all points
I align the audio and video on my end
Lip sync after the audio recording is the easiest way...though some natural shredders never play the same thing twice, so in that case you could record audio & video simultaneously.
I take like 50 takes to get my solo right, so sync is my choice; plus I can use my iPod & go on location shoots
I'll shoot you a pm next jam!

crankyrayhanky said:
Hey
I just saw this post
Yes you are correct on all points
I align the audio and video on my end
Lip sync after the audio recording is the easiest way...though some natural shredders never play the same thing twice, so in that case you could record audio & video simultaneously.
I take like 50 takes to get my solo right, so sync is my choice; plus I can use my iPod & go on location shoots
I'll shoot you a pm next jam!
Thanks, Ray!! I look forward to tearing it up with you guys!! :twisted:

Latest posts