Hear Randall RM100 Tones in the Mix!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm113

Reaction score
Hey all, here is a link to my band's sound click page www.soundclick.com/fromthisdayband, please listen to the songs, my guitars are in the right speaker and were recorded in the following manner

Main Rhythms- (Amp)Randall RM100 mainly stock XTC module, (f/x) either Boss GT-Pro, Line 6 MM4, or MXR Phase 90, (Guitars) Esp LTD EC1000 EMG loaded (spkrs) peavey sheffield (mics) Senhiser 609 and Randall Mic eliminator (set to normal)

My lead set up was Carvin V3, MXR 10 band eq and Boss GT-Pro
My leads are -mellow lead in Forward, Lead in Surrender, 2nd (whammy lead) in A Place for Me and the 2nd lead in Push

overdubs and clean tones (except my main clean in Forward) were all done with my Line 6 Vetta (the outro clean in Forward was done with Line 6)

The reason I used the line 6 is because for the cleans and all the random things it was much easier to get the tone quickly and honestly overdubs and fills you dont need the tube feel if the tone is there...
The Carvin was on all my leads because at the time it was my main set up, then i got the RM100 (I traded the RM 4 I wasn't happy with) and my EC1000's and knew I had to re-record my rhythm tracks

if you have any questions or comments i would love to hear them! Enjoy!

Oh yeah by the way the other guitarist...all of his tracks were recorded with a Line 6 set up and actually was turned up louder in the mix, but you can hear how much more the Randall Tube tones cut through...just cant beat the tubes!!!!

stm113 said:
honestly overdubs and fills you dont need the tube feel if the tone is there...
:x

I'm not sure I agree with this, but you got some great tones and your band sounds cool!

Thank you very much, but what I was trying to say and maybe this just applies to me... but i can do overdubs better the more quickly i can lay them down... while the inspired energy is there, and since i know my Line 6 so well, its easier for me to get those sounds I want... no messing with mics, 8 out 10 times its just a matter of simple editing to presets I already have to get the sound I want

and my performance is better like i said when that inspired energy is still there even though i much prefer the feel of tubes. and in instances like that i would rather have as close to exactly that sound i want as sacrifice a little of the "feel" of the amp as opposed to get the feel but not have that sound i envisioned especially since i print all my effects.... but thats m, and i know i am weird so... plus if you listen to our music the fills are more texture and ambient so i dont need the tube feel for performance

but most importantly I appreciate the fact you dug the band and enjoyed the tones

First, you all sound great, I really liked everything you all played.

I'm wondering what it is you didn't like about the RM4 that you like better with the RM100? And how would you compare each to the Carvin V3?

Your band rocks, best of luck to you all.

Latest posts