I just laid the Smackdown on some REO lovers

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
My standing as elder Councilman here at MTS may not hold water over at RigTalk; nonetheless, I tried to exert my power. The most troubling aspect is this thread was started by our ex-MTS module maven "Mailman"
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86796

Never got into REO. The guitar players may have been able to play pretty **** good, but I couldn't tell you if they did.

I think back when I was a young gent we refered to this whole group as .38JourneyWagon.

:idea: Time to queue up some GL driven stuff to get my mind strait again. :D

I grew up listening to REO!!
They are part of my DNA, great song writers.
YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY MTS,
MY GUITAR WILL STAY IN DROPPED "D"
AND I AM METAL!!!!!!! :twisted:

crankyrayhanky said:
My standing as elder Councilman here at MTS may not hold water over at RigTalk; nonetheless, I tried to exert my power. The most troubling aspect is this thread was started by our ex-MTS module maven "Mailman"
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86796
LOL they didn't feed the troll...

I grew up exposed to that band, and yeah, I always thought REO Slowwagon was pretty lame.

But it's their thread, let them reminisce and slap each other on the back about the pap they like listening to. :wink:

Gary Richrath used to be a hell of a guitar player but now he's a shadow of his former self. Or maybe 3 or 4 shadows of his former self...he's had a few Big Macs in the last 30 years. I also thought Kevin Cronin was allot like Brian May if Brian May were shorter and less talented.

The best thing I can say about the whole REO/Styx/Foreigner etc band community, is that I haven't heard any of them in many years...thankfully.

I gotta say, I think Foreigner and Journey had some great songs. I enjoyed a lot of their music, and still do.

As for REO Speedwagon (I used to call them "OREO Speedwagon"), I never really got into them. While they had a few good songs, I can't say I was ever a big fan. The same goes for Styx. I think Styx had a few great songs, but I'm not really missing them.

That being said, if someone handed me free tickets to any of them, I'd probably go.

Latest posts