In Flames We Trust...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKMV12

Reaction score
Anyone else hear/care about the news? Jesper Str?mblad has left In Flames permanently!

http://www.inflames.com/main.html

I was devastated when i heard. He was the founding member. I know one person doesn't make a band, but he made many irreplaceable contributions to the band and their music. It is not going to be the same without him. He will be missed.

My favorite albums of theirs are Lunar Strain to Clayman. Everything after that kind of took a more 'modern' shift imo. I personally liked the shift...the quite place is one of my favorites, along with the rest of Soundtrack to your Escape and Come Clarity. But the Lunar Strain to Clayman era was their best imo. Closer to their melodic death metal roots. At least Dark Tranquillity is sticking to their roots and sounding good while doing it.

It is hard for me to pick a favorite song, every song has something that makes it great. Their instrumentals are probably the best. Wayfaerer, The Jester's Dance, Dreamscape, Dialogue with the Stars, H?rgal?ten, Pallar Anders Visa, Timeless, and their fantastic acoustic pieces. As far as songs go, Behind Space, Starforsaken, Jester Script Transfigured, Everdying, Stand Ablaze, Moonshield, Only for the Weak, Everlost, Dead God in Me, Episode 666, Satellites and Astronauts, The Quite Place, and Take This Life are on the top of my list (i know it is a lot, but it is hard to pick just a few).

Anyway...please share your thoughts/opinions/comments. What are your favorite songs/albums by In Flames. What are some other band that you like who are similar?

Thanks, John.

Latest posts