Jaded Faith Ultra/Ultra XL mod is awesome!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
I bought a stock Ultra and sent it to Rob to sprinkle some magic dust on it. This was my first modded module so I really didn't even know what to ask about. Rob is a solid guy and helped out tons putting my very poor description into reality. And the module is phenomenal!!

He did his base mods which really opens up the module. I'm not good at being all descriptive but it doesn't sound nasally or like there is a blanket over the speakers anymore. Wide open sound.

The mid switch swaps between a scooped Ultra EQ-ing and a mid boosted Ultra XL EQ-ing. It is a big difference and I can't imagine there being anyone who couldn't find their sweet spot in there. And then be able to scoop or boost with a flick of the switch. Awesome mod!!

The gate switch is perfect. And extremely necessary. There is a boost in gain and this module was noisy already. And the way I have everything set, it's just about unplayable without the gate because I'm in a smaller room and can't get more than about 10' away. Squeals like a pig. But with the gate on, quiet as a mouse and still sustains for days.

Last mod was the gain trim pot on the board (no outside access). All I can say is WOW!! That tiny screw is awesome!! Clockwise keeps wads of gain (there's so much there that even as it lowers, there's still plenty) and the tone and gain cleans up so smooth and clear it makes my playing sound really crappy (thanks for that Rob... :? ). It's almost too nice sounding. Like a perfectly clean lower high gain tone (if that makes any sense)..

And then there's counter clockwise. Kids.... earmuffs.... Holy fuckin' **** that is amazing!!!!!! Seriously the most brutal style gain I've ever heard. And that's with the gain knob at about 3:00. Raw, raunchy, nasty, in your face... Just amazing. Even as raunchy as it sounds, it's still lot clearer than I would think with that much punch. Really, it's the best high gain sound I've ever had in any amp.

The bright switch is now like a bass boost. Or more a bass cut when it's to the left. To the right is perfect for me but I like heavy bass. To the left, the bottom tightens up. Nice touch.

Well, as my first foray into the modded world, I'm very very happy!! I may put up a clip but need to figure out why everything I record sounds like **** first. Thanks Rob and I'm sure I'll be back for more!!

Great review Jason and so happy to hear it is all you hoped for!

It was a pleasure working with you and it sounds like my advice was spot on for what you wanted from your module.

Thanks for the great review and your business!

**** right it slays!

This has been my main live sound for the past 18 months, and yes my live sound is Heavy as F#%K!!

warlok said:
I bought a stock Ultra and sent it to Rob to sprinkle some magic dust on it. This was my first modded module so I really didn't even know what to ask about. Rob is a solid guy and helped out tons putting my very poor description into reality. And the module is phenomenal!!

He did his base mods which really opens up the module. I'm not good at being all descriptive but it doesn't sound nasally or like there is a blanket over the speakers anymore. Wide open sound.

The mid switch swaps between a scooped Ultra EQ-ing and a mid boosted Ultra XL EQ-ing. It is a big difference and I can't imagine there being anyone who couldn't find their sweet spot in there. And then be able to scoop or boost with a flick of the switch. Awesome mod!!

The gate switch is perfect. And extremely necessary. There is a boost in gain and this module was noisy already. And the way I have everything set, it's just about unplayable without the gate because I'm in a smaller room and can't get more than about 10' away. Squeals like a pig. But with the gate on, quiet as a mouse and still sustains for days.

Last mod was the gain trim pot on the board (no outside access). All I can say is WOW!! That tiny screw is awesome!! Clockwise keeps wads of gain (there's so much there that even as it lowers, there's still plenty) and the tone and gain cleans up so smooth and clear it makes my playing sound really crappy (thanks for that Rob... :? ). It's almost too nice sounding. Like a perfectly clean lower high gain tone (if that makes any sense)..

And then there's counter clockwise. Kids.... earmuffs.... Holy f*&^in' s*&t that is amazing!!!!!! Seriously the most brutal style gain I've ever heard. And that's with the gain knob at about 3:00. Raw, raunchy, nasty, in your face... Just amazing. Even as raunchy as it sounds, it's still lot clearer than I would think with that much punch. Really, it's the best high gain sound I've ever had in any amp.

The bright switch is now like a bass boost. Or more a bass cut when it's to the left. To the right is perfect for me but I like heavy bass. To the left, the bottom tightens up. Nice touch.

Well, as my first foray into the modded world, I'm very very happy!! I may put up a clip but need to figure out why everything I record sounds like s*&t first. Thanks Rob and I'm sure I'll be back for more!!

just got a rm 100 about 2 months ago have the clean recto and ultra all stock i like the ultra THE BEST BUT WANT TO GET SOME MODS DONE IS THEIR a name for the mod you got done on the ultra thanks

You can just shoot me a PM and say "I am looking for mods like you did for ____". I keep records of everything and will be able to track it down for you.

Rob

Latest posts