Mark X clip (di)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
http://soundcloud.com/crankyrayhanky/ridin-the-cycle-markx-10-13-11

Wrote these riffs on the fly- and you can tell because it's kind of disjointed and has sloppy imperfections ...but not enough samples up here so here you go.

The first half is agrressive, tweaked a bit with an 11R OD boost set to only a sliver of gain. Rhythms extreme L & R set to the mid cut on the Mark X; the "lead" during the chorus at 1:02 the mids are pumped back up. I particulary like the way the rhythms sound in the chorus, bigger chords that are aggressive yet retain strong clarity- a real strength of the Mark X.

I was hoping to go Santana throughout the whole tune, but my chops and note selection were not up to par.

The 2nd half at 1:27 is the gentler side of Mark X

Enjoy :twisted:

Thanks for listening :D

Epiphone Gothic Les Paul 7 string was used, I had a tech replace all the wiring and electronics while putting in the Bare Knuckles. Funny thing, the guitar was bought on a closeout for like 275, but with all the upgrades this might be my favorite axe! Standard with a Drop A tuning

The aggressive Mark sounds with were a normal Bass cap, mid cut on the shape, maybe around 12 oclock on the bass, 1 or 2 oclock on the mids, 12:30ish on the treble. I generally don't stray too far from 11-2 oclock settings, then I'll adjust slightly for a second axe track

11R OD Boost is similar to what I would use on a live rig, 7 oclock on the gain (just a tiny bit), 11 oclock on the tone, 2 oclock on the volume

I'm gonna dig out my MarkX & my 7 string tonight... 8) 8)

I'm really liking the lead melody in the first half... sounds very "in Flames" to me. 8)

^rock that 7 out! :twisted:

I think next tracking I may switch over to the tightest setting, considering the lowA and the quick picking. I just liked a more sludgy feel to the intro, so maybe I'll track that differently than than the other parts

Thanks Ray. Great gain and cleans. Wish this cheap laptop Im using would let me hear it better. Need to get a good set of head phones. Would
help to block out the Mrs. too. hehe

I got the Miracle Man set. HUGE upgrade from the Epi pickups. I may get a set for my Gibson LP, Tim from BK mentioned Nailbombs are similar to the MMans but tweaked a bit- the neckpickup has more mids, which I probably would like

BK pickups are not cheap, but you can't find a bad review on them...I love my experience

I totally love it!!! Great job, Ray. Is the clean part the Mark X as well?

Hey
Happy Anniversary to the clip, lol!

Yes, all the tones were the MarkX- including the clean ones.
Problem with my old threads like this- it gives me reacquisitionGAS since I flipped the module in a financial crisis :oops: If you like this tone at all I would say you could get the same tone but infinitely better - as this was recorded di into 11R speaker sims (less than adequate0

I envisioned this as 2 seperate songs, but never finished it...probably because I could never quite capture the cool tone and character of the MarkX

Funny I didn't even notice at 1st this thread was a year old. I say Oct 14th & thought I must have missed it the last couple days. Then I saw the sound clooud post a year ago and thought strange. COme back to read posts I Happy ANniversary... WTF I thought. :lol:
Definately agree it sounds like it was 2 different tunes put together. Still pretty cool though.

crankyrayhanky said:
I got the Miracle Man set. HUGE upgrade from the Epi pickups. I may get a set for my Gibson LP, Tim from BK mentioned Nailbombs are similar to the MMans but tweaked a bit- the neckpickup has more mids, which I probably would like

BK pickups are not cheap, but you can't find a bad review on them...I love my experience

I have a set of 'aftermaths' in my 7 and I threw a set of warpigs in my 6... Both amazing sets, highly recommended!

Latest posts