Mic Eliminator in action

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff man

Reaction score
Hey fellow mts junkies ,
i posted 2 new demo songs on my bands myspace page ( www.myspace.com/insidepanicroom ) i don't know how to post the songs on here , so i'll leave it to you guys to check the tunes out there if you want to

i used the Mic Elim for everything ( keep in mind these are demo songs, not cut in a studio and the recording and engineering if you can call it that was done by myself, and i'm no pro :lol:

om a side note
i think it may be interesting to see if some of you more experienced MTS user's might be able to pick out which MODS i used for each song :shock: if your ears are up to it 8)

cheers

Sweet. The first one sounds a lot like my JTM module, but has a little more bite, so I'm going to say Plexi or Brahma. The second? I don't know.

Julia said:
Sweet. The first one sounds a lot like my JTM module, but has a little more bite, so I'm going to say Plexi or Brahma. The second? I don't know.

nope and nope!!!

the first song is all SUPER V
and the little end licky part in song 1 is the XTC
and the second song is all GRAIL

cheers

That sounds really nice. When my amp arrives the module I will have is the Super V. I like it more and more every time I hear a clip.

JKD said:
darn it..wish I had a chance to play before you gave it away :D

ok , i posted another song called dying for more , just for you to guess 8)
it's at the same site mentioned above!!

i won't give it up early this time !!! :lol:

cheers

riff man said:
JKD said:

cheers

hahha...something high gain with the gain backed off...no idea though...I mean a lot of modules can sound similar and the Mic Eliminator just compounds that :D

JKD said:
riff man said:
JKD said:

cheers

hahha...something high gain with the gain backed off...no idea though...I mean a lot of modules can sound similar and the Mic Eliminator just compounds that :D
HA HA
the GRAIL backed off to 9 oclock and the XTC on 11!!! :evil:

hi,
can anyone of you tell me, if the mic eliminator is a product by randall or is it another companies product that was just built in the cabinets? im looking for good possibilities to get a nice direct out from my amps but dont know which i should take, ... randall sounds most professional to me. the mic elim jackplates are not for sale as a replacement here... thanks!

decoys said:
hi,
can anyone of you tell me, if the mic eliminator is a product by randall or is it another companies product that was just built in the cabinets? im looking for good possibilities to get a nice direct out from my amps but dont know which i should take, ... randall sounds most professional to me. the mic elim jackplates are not for sale as a replacement here... thanks!

Mic eliminator circuit was designed by Bruce Egnater and licensed to Randall, I believe. I think I've heard of some guys buying the circuit in a backplate for a speaker cab.

I think if Randall put the mic eliminator circuit in a direct box they could sell a ton of them.

Pete

ok, will have to look for another possibility ...
i totally agree, it would be the easiest to give it away in a dI box.
anyways, thanks for your answer!

Okay -- Pro Tools v 8 using a Radial JDI box out the second output on the speaker cab. Next with the free copy of Eleven that comes with M-Powered 8 I can add a speaker cab model to the track. Or just record the plain guitar and reamp later.

hey julia, sounds interesting, will have to go further on this.
another cool thing i found is recabinet. a software which allows you even to use your own tube preamp and then add it some cool modern cabinets via plugins. the examples are hot.
www.recabi.net

Latest posts