Midi problem with a RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2ply

Reaction score
I ran into a problem with RM100 this weekend - the midi stopped working on my head - in checking into the problem it seems that the head does not power a midi controller anymore. I have a GCX/Ground control system, midi out of the GCX into a Digitech GSP1101 and out of the GSP into the RM100 - well it seems that whatever happened to cause the problem also caused the GSP1101 midi out to cease to function. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible that to damage other equipment from the RM100 midi in, as I was using a midi patch cable that had all 5 pins connected? Also it sounds like (at least from searching the forum) that I can only get the fuse for phantom power on the midi - is that true? It seems I will have to find a good local repair center - as I have a RM100C that is not working and I will need to get it fixed.

What happens if you take the GSP1101 out of the midi path. Just connect the GC to the RM100.

The RM100 will switch midi if I power the foot switch, I needed to use the rig this weekend so for a temp fix I ran the midi out of the GCX to the head and then the head back to the GSP1101 - as now the GSP midi out/thru port does not work (I plugged in a couple of other midi rack units I had around in the testing). This works but is a pain as now I have two midi cables from the head. So it looks like the phantom power on the RM100 is not working and when it stopped it burnt out the out/thru midi port on my GSP. I will at least need to get the phantom power fixed - as I use the head with a pedal board for somethings and use the standard 3 button switch - I don't want the hassel of another adapter for the pedal board.

It sounds like the fuse on the MIDI board of the RM100 may be blown. This happens if a FS is plugged in while the amp is on. I have a extra fuse at my desk here. PM me your addy and I'll mail it out to you. It's pretty easy to replace if you can solder, if not you should take it to a authorized service center.

Latest posts