module recommendations....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feefop

Reaction score
Trying to round out my module arsenal. Currently have a JF SLO100 and Mark X. Great tones. They compliment each other well. Want something in between. Modded of course. Just can't go back to stock....

Something great for leads, but a different color/flavor. I guess Marshall type sounds, but maybe something else for leads that is more unique? Not really into the metal stuff...

Also looking for another clean/slight breakup type module. Have a JF deluxe/blackface which is cool. Looking to compliment that sound.

Thanks

Mattfig said:
Salvation Mashall + or JF 59RR will do it for you....All the Marshall goodness you'll ever need...
That is what I was feeling. Ive had the JF 59RR and I think it will fit nicely with the others you have. Never had a Mashall but it has a ton of Marshall goodness.

If you're looking for lead stuff, I use a Voodoo Sear or a modded KH 3 as long as the modder didn't add gain to it. I have a JF modded KH 3 which is killer. Both go well with the modules I use them with: JF 59RR, Gigmods Plexi/Brown & Gigmods Tweed.

As far as slight break up, JF 59RR, Gigmods Tweed or a Brahma. Haven't gotten my Brahma modded yet but even stock it's good.

Ampoholic said:
As far as slight break up, JF 59RR, Gigmods Tweed or a Brahma. Haven't gotten my Brahma modded yet but even stock it's good.

I have a JF Brahma. The gain knob is now a push/pull for a gain boost. Without the boost it's an improved version of the stock tone. With the boost it has more of everything. I would consider sending it in for the mod. You don't lose the stock sound but gain lots of versatility.

eyeball987 said:
I have a JF Brahma. The gain knob is now a push/pull for a gain boost. Without the boost it's an improved version of the stock tone. With the boost it has more of everything. I would consider sending it in for the mod. You don't lose the stock sound but gain lots of versatility.

An astute observation. For the price, the JF Brahma kicks bucketloads of modded-Marshall arse.

Latest posts