Module volume knob to 10

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
Just wondering, any downside to diming the modules volume knob besides the fact that the loop won't handle effects well? I don't use the loop anyway and just add effects through the DAW. Personally I run my volumes at 2 PM and I have found a lot of the complaints surrounding the amp lacking "punch" came from the fact that as the volume goes up on the amp, it still feels like some fullness is missing. The more you open the vol on the module, the more you get that back.

I guess the question is... Where is unity?
At what point are we cutting/boosting? and is that different for every module?

I never really tried going above 2oclock based on advice I received from RDSteve and Doug a long while back. Modules do tend to sound a tad smoother with the module volume up higher.

Going to high on the module means can basically only crack the amp MV open most of the time here.

It's well worth experimenting with if you have time...module volume down way low does produce a different tone and I suspect aninferior SN Ratio...?

I always found that I set my master volume at about one oclock, then I use the module volume for actual volume. I never move my master volume. I feel like the overall feel of the amp is better because the power tubes are cranking better. But I do notice an improvement in tone as the module volume goes up.

Also on cleaner modules like the blackface I notice that the module stays clean easier with the module volume past midnight.

Latest posts