My experience with Pete modded recto and SL+

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymustang302

Reaction score
I have been the lucky one to receive a Pete modded recto and SL+ in a trade for an amp. I played the modules at my condo at very quiet levels. I wasn't too impressed and i was happy with my current tone.
I tried selling the modules, few interested, no one really was serious. So today, at our practice i brought the modded modules and after our warm-up i put the modded modules in. Started with the SL+

DSC01125.jpg

The SL+

I tried it with my 6 string. I messed with it, messed with the bass switches, and then flipped it to JCM800. WOW :shock: :shock: . I love the tone, i love how it sounds. The module is soo clear, and deep. You can hear every individual note, power cord everything. My bandmates said holy **** to it and told me not to get rid of it. I tried it with my 7 string, and dicked with the dials, took some bass out left it on jcm800.....holy ****. I can hear each individual note, i can hear my power chords better, they are clearer, not muffled. I love this thing. It's unbelievable.

DSC01128.jpg

The Recto

HOOOOOLLLLYYYYYYYY CCCCRRRRAAAAPPPPP. I had the gain at noon, the switch on the red channel OOMMGGGG. Whoever thought about getting this module and didnt. GET IT NOW!!!!! This is the gainiest module i have ever put in my amp. It is the clearest sounding, the punch it has, the chugga, chugga, the note definition...i can't believe i wanted to sell this module. Again, this one the other switch is just for different bass values. This module is like the tone Gods took everything they knew, put
it in this modules...and said.... this is the best tone in the world. My recto NEVER sounded this awesome. I mainly had it on the red channel because it's sooo sick. Switching to the orange channel gives it the mid difference like the recto. Stay on the red channel IMHO.

Both modules i have taken off the classifieds. I will not sell them. I am speechless at how awesome these modules are. The amount of gain these modules had is insane. The BEST part of both modules....when i stopped playing....there was ZERO feedback....no squeeling no hiss, no nothing. Even with my EMG's. There was no noise whatsoever when i stopped playing. I couldn't believe it.

Pete, I thank you for creating these AWESOME modules. I will send you my ultra and 1086 when i have some cash. This is insane how awesome they are. DO NOT play these modules at bedroom volume the more you push these modules the more insane they sound.

Thats It! I cant read another thread about how awesome the modded rectos are! I have to have one! :D

Did the SL+ lose some of its compression? Ive been thinking about doing the 800 mod on my SL+. Maybe Ill just send it off to Pete.

As much as my Pete Recto owns.......I wouldn't mind a Pete modded SL+ in lue I think....I guess I better calm down until my Mr. Scary arrives this week.....I love the MTS Marshallesque tones the best I think....your pic of your Pete SL+ just caused some droolage to occur..sorry... :twisted: :lol:

close call Tony! you can't play these mods in a condo and get a good feel unless you're pushing some air

tonymustang302 said:
What can he do for an ultra?

I hear he can add more clarity and warmth, bass switches, and a midrange shift so you can either do the XL thing, or even cut or boost mids beyond that. :D

Pete

btw, thanks for the kind words, glad you and your band are digging the tones!

Guy's i just played round 2 with this module at a practice. I'm not f-in around the modded recto is amazing. If you don't have this module....get it. Go full out with the mods and get all of em done. In January we will be recording our demo and will use this module.

Tony

oh yah the BM stays on 100% but i only add volume and 0 gain. Maximus....it's dead quiet idle. I have a lot of playing where i stop or off-beat breakdowns and there arent anymore squeels in between, i can even take my hands off teh strings while being idle and the feedback takes 10seconds to hit. And its flipping heavy.
My ultra if i even stopped once, it would squeel and feedback like crazy and forget letting the strings go so they can resonate....same with 1086. I dunno what the hell he did, but this fuckin module is amazing. Maximus save the money and get this module.

The SL+ was insane with my 7string....soo clear when playing each individual string and power chords really shined.

sounds good and all but does pete more than just say a grail mod to get the red channel of your modded recto and more than a jcm 800 mod for the sl+ plus cause i can do that and have with the recto and even beyond. if so yeah i'd be pumped. i had one of his recto's from probably almost 2 years ago and i wasn't really sold on it but that was before i got my 808 and my sd-1 modded by joe so? glad you dig it , sounds interesting to say the least. i was thinking about putting money into an engl rack set up or the mm upgrade.

Latest posts