New Egnater M4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmgman70 said:
I talked with frank this morning and ordered an M4 preamp empty and indeed they said they don't normally sell them empty.I got an email from bruce that quoted the price not mentioning about that.Since I already bought stuff from them it was ok because I ve got few modules lying aruond without a home.They have been extremely helpful and very cool to talk to.A+ service everytime .

Cool. I was hoping to get an M4 as a way to slowly transition from the Randall stuff to the Egnater stuff. I'll have to make the jump later if it feels necessary since I don't already have any Egnater modules.

I'm making the jump to light speed luke.I sold all my randall stuff last week,But the MOD50 was the only thing I played anyway.They told me they would sup up an RT2/50 power amp for me to go with m4 but i'll have to sell the kids next(haha).

I'm going to try to remain ignorant and use the RM50B combo for a while (with an RM4 so that I can use 4 modules). Sounds freakin' great to me. . I just have to not hear anything else that I like better. :)

jdzialak said:
You're gonna love the M4!
I started with the RM100 and realized I need the M4 with dual modules for my wide range of tones.

12spDone.jpg

I started with Twin, VX, SL, and SL2.
I now have VX, SL, EG 3/4 , and MHG. I may grab a BMAN, since the Twin was a bit too clean for me.
I'm running this rack with a CAE OD100SE, using it's return as a power amp for the M4, as well as using the OD100 preamp. Best rig I ever had.

Joe

Hey Joe! Since you had Randall and now have Egnater, how do they compare?

GaryMcT said:

The M4 sounds amazing, but it's hard to say, since I have all different modules. The SL is very similar to the PLEXI, but I'm running the M4 thru my OD100 power amp. I didn't care for the RM100's power section. It was too touchy on the presence and deep.

Joe

jdzialak said:
GaryMcT said:

The M4 sounds amazing, but it's hard to say, since I have all different modules. The SL is very similar to the PLEXI, but I'm running the M4 thru my OD100 power amp. I didn't care for the RM100's power section. It was too touchy on the presence and deep.

Joe

Are you switch between the M4 and the OD100's preamp?

I'm curious how well an M4 or RM4 into the Badger's effects return would work. . would be nice to have the powerscaling feature for playing at home.

Latest posts