New mods released: Brahma #39 and Quick Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"presence pot" <-- FINALLY.

All modules should have this as one persons bite is another persons "muffled".

and one nerdy correction to the #39 description. #39 was used to record the demo but was on loan to Lynch and on tour when it came time to record AFD so it is more than likely Levi's #36 that ended up on tape. Either way, they both had bite and sound great. From Frank Levi's personal records:

SIR-LA #34; SERIAL NUMBER= S/AS01796, MODEL=2203 MkII (6550s) ... 1/20/1984
SIR-LA #36; SERIAL NUMBER= SL/A07422J, MODEL=1959 (from UK) ... 10/7/1977
SIR-LA #39; SERIAL NUMBER= ST/A4259E, MODEL=1959T ... MAY(?)1973

Kapo_Polenton said:
"presence pot" <-- FINALLY.

All modules should have this as one persons bite is another persons "muffled".

and one nerdy correction to the #39 description. #39 was used to record the demo but was on loan to Lynch and on tour when it came time to record AFD so it is more than likely Levi's #36 that ended up on tape. Either way, they both had bite and sound great. From Frank Levi's personal records:

SIR-LA #34; SERIAL NUMBER= S/AS01796, MODEL=2203 MkII (6550s) ... 1/20/1984
SIR-LA #36; SERIAL NUMBER= SL/A07422J, MODEL=1959 (from UK) ... 10/7/1977
SIR-LA #39; SERIAL NUMBER= ST/A4259E, MODEL=1959T ... MAY(?)1973
True.

But it should be noted that Levi simply copied Tim Caswell's mod to #39 when he made #36 (as you noted, 36 was made after 39). The entire point was to recreate another head that sounded as good as #39, because that one was always in high demand. For that reason, I continue to refer to the AFD tone as #39 tone, because it was Caswell's design on 36, even though he didn't actually assemble the mod on that one.

Well I wouldn't say he copied it part per part but the idea and the voicing were in the same ballpark so yes, #39 is what most people refer to when they refer to that mod. Very interesting how two players made that amp sound very different. Like i've said before though, alnico II's are a big part of the Slash sound.

Alnico II's and a dash of slash magic is a big part of slash's sound :D
His les paul (even down to the wiring and pots he uses) and technique really make his tone awesome as well. You can always tell when its him.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Well I wouldn't say he copied it part per part but the idea and the voicing were in the same ballpark so yes, #39 is what most people refer to when they refer to that mod. Very interesting how two players made that amp sound very different. Like i've said before though, alnico II's are a big part of the Slash sound.
I'm totally with you on the Alnicos being a big part of Slash's tone.

I'm also very interested in trying a Quick Mod!

I was hoping Rob would do a Quickrod/Nitro Hybrid using my Nitro :)
anyways any reviews of the Quick rod out there esp from someone who has played the real deal???

If the Brahma #39 is anything like the recent upgrade Rob did for me on my JF Brahma .....watch out..... talk about the ultimate hot rodded Marshall tones!!!!!

Latest posts