New Rig (well kinda)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm113

Reaction score
I just wanted to brag a lil bit on my new-ish version of my rig. I hooked it all up tonight but didnt have a camera on me & my phone died so no pics now but will be up this week. But in the meantime here's the set up... in my rack I have Furman Pl Plus, Rm 4, Boss GT-Pro, MXR 10 band EQ, Shure ULX Wireless & Peavey 5150 head. On the floor. in my pedal board I have Digitech Whammy IV, Boss Tu Tuner, ISP Decimator, Bad Horsie II Wah, VooDoo Labs Ground Control Pro.

I have my Randall loaded with a Treadplate, Mr Scary, XTC & Ultra XL all stock. & the Boss is set up via the 4 cable method so I can run fx pre & post preamp...

At first the set up still sounded a lil lifeless, dull, processed & thin, like the Randall does,most of the time for me, then I started tweaking the eq, push up a lil around 8 & 16k and some on the low end around 125 & 62hz while balancing out the mids with a slight cut around 500. Still something was missing the I turned to the Boss eq to do a hi pass filter set at 55hz, and do a wider low end boost...still not there then something told me to cut low mids a touch, set it at 315 hz, a width of 2 and cut like 2 dbs and BAM! Instant balls, tightness & definition!

I didn't get a chance to crank to full practice/live levels but I did get to puch some air & I am confident that practice Monday will only require some minor twaeks...I can't wait...

Pics soon

Absolutely! the main reason I bought the GT Pro was the ability to route f/x before & after the preamp section (& the amp control to switch channels on my 5150) and I use a "distortion" for a boost on all of my lead presets. Does it sound as good as your favorite boutique pedal? Of course not, but it does sound good, not as transparent as my TC Elec. G-Major but far more flexible. For the money you can pick one of these up for the quality & the things you can do with it theres no reason for a semi-budget minded musician to grab one.

Also being that its the 4 cable method I can also bypass the preamp & use the "modeled" preamp section of the Boss giving me more channel options, I really only use it for Cleans though... Also about using the distortions in the Boss I found a new trick last night. Use a distortion to actually lower the gain of a module instead of boosting. Obviously set the Drive to 0, tone controls to taste & anything in the negative on the gain (volume) side will reduce the input to the preamp thus reducing the gain alot like rolling back your guitar's volume with out losing treble... Works great!

Latest posts