NGD-DBZ Imperial!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKMV12

Reaction score
Hey,

I actually got the guitar earlier in the month but i haven't had time to make a thread. I already gave the guys on the DBZ forum the long story, so i'll try to shorten it a bit.

My family and i went to Fort Myers for vacation earlier in the month. I planned on getting the DBZ Bolero AB Wine Red from this dealer in Tampa...the owner said he could order it and have it signed by Dean Zelinsky (founder of Dean and DBZ guitars). He offered me $650 for both the guitar and the case...it is a bit more online (close to $900 once you add shipping and tax). I was set on getting this guitar...but then i went to this store in Naples so that i could try the DBZ guitars they had (which was only two).

As soon as i saw this guitar, i knew i had to have it...i had seen the pics online b4, but they don't do it justice...you really have to see it for yourself. Before i even plugged it into the amp a few things surprised me. One was the size and weight of the guitar...it is a very thin guitar (5/8" at edge) so i didn't think it would weight too much...but i weights quiet a lot...must be the mahogany. The next thing i notices as the manager was setting up the amp (roland cube i think)...this guitar is "acoustically perfect" (dean's exact words)...if i am in a position where i need an acoustic, i would grab this guitar...i sounds incredible when it is unplugged. Now once i plugged it in, i was astounded. The coiltap makes the cleans shine...and it handles distortion really well. This is a very versatile guitar.

We hadn't even talked about price at that point...we asked how much (tag said $700) and he said the lowest he would take is $400!! So i got the guitar, gig bag, strings, picks, and strap for $445. I couldn't pass up a deal that good. I still want the Bolero, but this guitar will suffice.

Once i brought it home and plugged it in to the RM80, i noticed a few more things...it has a much stronger bass end...probably the mahogany again. Also the weight difference b/t it and my Jackson King V is astonishing...the Jackson didn't even feel like a real guitar when i picked it up. Even thought this guitar is an import, it is well-built...way above par when compared to other companies. One feature i like is the soft v profile of the neck. The playability of the guitar is through the roof. Alright...enough of me talking about...here are the pics. I will also try to make some vids some time in the next few weeks.

DSCF3745.jpg
Real metal DBZ emblem (no plastic ****).

DSCF3729.jpg
Look at how thin that is!!

DSCF3716.jpg
My sister loves the guitar

DSCF3714.jpg
Me an my sister (the Jackson has been neglected ever since i brought the Imperial home)

DSCF3713.jpg

DSCF3708.jpg

DSCF3707.jpg

DSCF3704.jpg

DSCF3687.jpg

DSCF3686.jpg

DSCF3685.jpg

DSCF3684.jpg

DSCF3683.jpg

DSCF3677.jpg

DSCF3676.jpg

DSCF3666.jpg