Official EV Trilogy release announcement

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
As of 5/2/12, the new EV Trilogy mods have begun to ship:

818f81dc512972f165a8425471c833e7.jpg

The first audio demo is now available courtesy of Kevin at Ownhammer and featured on our News page here:
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com

This clip features the following settings on the module:

- Pre = 4
- Low = 6
- Mid = 4
- Sweep = 3 (10 o'clock)
- High = 7
- Post = 6.5
- Channel Toggle = Lead
- Tight Toggle = Down (Thick)
- EV Toggle = Down (III)
- Voice Toggle = Down (Scooped)

A few quotes from Kevin himself:

"Got to play on it briefly over the last couple of days and am happy as a bug in a rug - absolutely fantastic module. All the options serve purpose, sound great, and make the tonal sculpting and personalization varied and effortless. I had an awesome tone in the room in less than a minute. I sent Rob a quick pre-pro-esque demo mp3 that is totally bare bones - i.e. no corrective anything, just amp + cab + mic straight to the master bus with only volume maximization and a very gentle high frequency lift."

"The 3 amp voicings do a great job at capturing the varied character not only in frequency response but also in the sponginess and aggression of the distortion. Prior to receiving it, I thought it was going to be purely slight a low and mid frequency change, so the fact that this was more and embodied the alteration in feel was more than a pleasant surprise!"

Complete details for the Trilogy can be found on our Replica Mods page here:
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/Replica_Mods.html

NICE :D sounded really awesome. How would you say it is soundwise compared to an ENGL or Recto ?

and now like vultures on a carcass we await the SPLAWN of all evil! Great job on this module though Rob. I am not a high gain guy and the clip i listened to last night was very impressive.

Kapo_Polenton said:
and now like vultures on a carcass we await the SPLAWN of all evil! Great job on this module though Rob. I am not a high gain guy and the clip i listened to last night was very impressive.

I assure you, it will be equally impressive. :wink:

I have a few projects consuming my time right now, but it won't be far behind.

Hey Rob, that is a great demo to showcase that module. That's what your mods need, a proper demo to exhibit your talent.

Any idea what kind of guitar and pickups he used on that clip? Sounds sick!
I just got my EV Trilogy on Wed. and I need to do some dialing in.
It sounds friggin' awesome, but I'm nowhere near getting it to sound like that clip. (I'm surprised there isn't a LOT more discussion about pickups, or do you guys push that to another area in the forum? I've got Kramer with a Custom Custom, another with Evolutions, and a Flying V with Dirty Fingers. The sounds I get through my RM4 are (no surprise!) VASTLY different through each guitar).

I am not sure, but I think it may be a Bare Knuckle Painkiller.

I am actually a lot more passionate about amps than I could ever be about pickups. My three electrics are all stock except for my Les Paul which has SD SH-1/SH-5's in it (the EBMM JP6 and PRS CU22 are both stock and I love them that way).

Be sure to use the legend on the bottom of the module and keep in mind the Trilogy has WAY more gain than most modules. Setting the Lead channel to 4 is nothing to shake a stick at, so dial with the ears and not the eyes.

Pickup for this particular track is a Seymour Duncan Blackout on a scratch and dent Ibanez RG7321 (I think cost me less than 300 at the time), so truly nothing special going on there.

Power amp was the power section of an Engl Fireball 100 (via effects loop return), which I love for pretty much any tone, it just sounds "tube-y" where most everything else I've used sounds weird, dead, or boring. I wasn't in a position to make a lot of noise when I did this, so the amp was only pushing the "baby sleeping in the next room" threshold.

Cab was Mesa Recto (oversized, etc) with stock English Celestion V30's. Mic was Sennheiser MD421.

Cab, speaker, and mic are actually a convolution reverb impulse response, taken from my 412-GTR Mesa V32 WAV library.

I also have a tube screamer style pedal (Bodenhamer Bloody Murder) in front of the amp, as I always do with any high gain guitar track to tighten up the bass and give punch to the mids. The level was set at neutral (no boost), tone at 10, drive at 0.

The guitar used here does definitely sound different than my main axe that has the Bare Knuckle Painkillers, so going with something that has active pickups will probably get you closer to this sound. However, using my BKP's and a Bogner 4x12 (what I have in my control room to play on right now), it didn't sound much different than this over open air...

Hope this helps!

- Kevin

fuckinGASfuckinGASfuckinGASfuckinGASfuckinGAS!!!!!!!

I think that about sums it up!!

Latest posts