• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pete modded recto FS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
rectoorange.jpg

This module for sale is my personal one, looks like the above with a few differences:

1) the switches match on the one I'm selling - they are the rounded 'bat' type, the pic above shows one switch with a flat 'bat'.

2) the one I'm selling has the LEDs matching the legend - the red LED is directly across from the red legend, orange is below matching the orange.

3) All else is the same - yes, this one has the SAME rectifier logo as on this one, as I was going to keep it. I don't knowingly make these with that logo, as I don't want too many to get out and piss off mesa. Other ones I do just say 'recto' in script with a somewhat similar setup.

This module has the 'grail' mods, my warmth and clarity mods, obviously the orange channel mods, my personal preferences on the 'tight' switch (three settings, all are tighter than stock, but they are the ones that I prefer and sound great in my opinion). Overall, the module has less fuzz, a hair less gain, but more punch, clarity and note seperation, and grind than a stock recto module. With the switches, you have six different combinations along with your gain/volume/eq settings. It's pretty versatile. This module with mods reminds me more of the rackmount rectifiers than the standard three channel models. I've owned two of the rackmounts, and the mods were my attempt to get closer to THAT tone than say a newer dual rec. I think I'm dang close!

Now for the bad news: the left threads in the carrier are stripped. This does NOT make any difference when you attach the module to your amp - it holds fine. However, if you were carrying the module loose and swinging it around, the screw might come out. I wasn't worried about it as when my modules aren't in my RM100, RM4 rack or RM20, they are in one of two Randall module bags.

$279 shipped in the USA. This is the most expensive mod I do, as it requires an extra hole drilled for the orange LED, the wiring is kinda a pain, and the orange mod really does make the module very versatile. My mod pricing across the board is going up after the ones I have 'in house' are finished, so this is probably going to be the cheapest you're going to find one of these from me.

DISCLAIMER: If you don't like the recto tone, do not buy this module. I'm not trying to shoot myself in the foot here, but if you get a recto modded, it's still at heart a recto module. Same thing if you have a plexi or SL+ modded, etc... the mods can make it better, but it won't turn a recto into a twin, or into a VHT, etc. Keep that in mind. any questions, email me at [email protected] . Thanks!