Please identify my resistor.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icarus

Reaction score
I have a chrome-faced blackface mod that I have began to experience overload distortion at the input. I've read that a simple replacement of "R1" should do the trick...

I typically like to dime (or close to max) my master volume and keep my gain between 9 and 10 oclock. The first night I experienced crackling, I was unable to get rid of the signal loss/overload even after tweaking so I resorted to a tube change. That did the trick for a few minutes, but I finally had to back my master below noon and run my gain around noon...not what I want but now I get no nasty snap crackle and pops in my signal.

I've included a pic of my pcb. GrailTone suggests: "You can identify what value is in your module by the color bands located on the resistor, 470 ohm resistors have yellow, purple, and brown color bands, where the correct 150 ohm resistors have brown, green, brown color bands." I'm not quite sure what to make of that info from my picture so I hope you guys could help me identify whether or not I need to mod that resistor.

xixjh

Thanks guys

Your issue has nothing to do with a resistor or cap, it's likely either a bad pot, Op Amp or Transistor. Contact me via email if you need help with repair.

Rob

Jaded Faith said:
Your issue has nothing to do with a resistor or cap, it's likely either a bad pot, Op Amp or Transistor. Contact me via email if you need help with repair.

Rob

Emailed you Rob. Thanks!

Latest posts