question regarding tone...tubes, old amps etc....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Creamback 65 with the Reeves (Fane Clone) in the new cab sound really good. The Creamback really does sound like a Greenback, along with the Reeves, which does not have pronounced mids, its a really good combo of speakers.

it's a closed back so it's very tight and punchy. i plan to cut a semi open back and put a couple angles inside to push the rear frequencies out. I've read some good info about this and have seen some diagrams.

Maybe not the caboodle Rob has but a big improvement from the Rm50 Combo

happy for now

and btw, my vox mod really sounds like a vox now. before I never really got there but now it does indeed sound like a vox. stupid combo. everyone always said, "get yourself a combo, stop lugging all that **** around....."

Will fit it tonight and see how I get on.

I've also got the woodworking plans from EV for making the Thiele cab for it (the one Mesa make). May see about building that up too and trying it out.

Shame the dimensions of it mean the RM50 combo won't sit on top of it all that well.

Grr, the flange on the EV speaker is too thick for the normal nuts to hold the speaker in.
Can't find any bolts to match.. some kind of weird imperial thing maybe... You crazy Americans

All mounted and sounding good!
As well as mounting the EV speaker I swapped out a microphonic pre-amp valve and fitted a better matched pair of EL34s and biased them up too.

Amp is sounding very nice. Sounds very clear and the Salvation MDA board sounds nicer - I wasn't keen on it before. There is definitely more going on bass-wise now - those controls have a better effect.

Interestingly I didn't like how my XTC module sounded, so put in the SL+ (pairing with a stock Plexi on channel 1) - got a killer mini-Marshall setup now.

Amp is nicely pimped out now. Have got some heavy duty removable castors on it (very heavy with the new speaker). Removable is handy - take the back two off and the amp tilts up, like one of those old Fenders.

Also snagged a Treadplate module for ?20 out of a local second hand shop - been watching it for 2 years waiting for them to get sick of it and drop the price from ?100.

Might send it off to Salvation to get a Stonerverb or Shiver....

Latest posts