Randall RM50 nightmare... Continued Now with Bias question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
So, my last thread was about how my amp randomly has been dying out on me, I checked the fuses and the tubes seem fine but I finally replaced them with EL34H's (they were the JJ 6L6GCs before) and it seems to be working the only thing is I forgot how to set my multimeter to bias (I had biased my last set properly but now can't remember how I did it). I'm including a picture of my multimeters in the hopes that someone could tell me how to correct the issue. The other thing is, I'm getting a crazy amount of noise from the amp when I turn the volume up loud enough. I have it running though a conditioned Furman surge protector into another surge to my wall. I never noticed this much noise before and my cables are all good.

Cordoba011.jpg

With the meter to the left it is already pointing to the right range. 200mV you should be able to read the mV properly on that setting.

The Radio Shack meter only goes down to a 2V range. 30mV on that range would be 0.030 if it is capable of reading that range.