Rm 4 w/ ground control pro?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhlkx1

Reaction score
Just got an Rm4 yesterday it's switching the unit through the channels. Tried hooking up a midi controller to it and wont connect. Followed randall info and saw a video same info but not conecting?

Last edited:
MIDI channel needs to match on RM4 and GCP -I used this setup many years ago and it works. Possibly the MIDI fuse is blown inside the RM4

MIDI channel needs to match on RM4 and GCP -I used this setup many years ago and it works. Possibly the MIDI fuse is blown inside the RM4
How can I check it and try again. Any chance you have a schematic?

Last edited:
Thank you I will read it again its very technical. The link to picture doesnt work. The visual helps me. If the rm4 sends power to the foot controller is it still a fuse problem. I also tried my ada mc1 controller it doesnt link either. Its either the fuse or the switches or does one cancel the other? Thank you for your help

The fuse on the MIDI-board is only of interest if your floorboard gets power from the amp. Most likely you have to remove the top cover to match the MIDI-channel of the RM4 and ground control. As mentioned above you could also try to set the GC to OMNI mode.

The fuse on the MIDI-board is only of interest if your floorboard gets power from the amp. Most likely you have to remove the top cover to match the MIDI-channel of the RM4 and ground control. As mentioned above you could also try to set the GC to OMNI mode.
Can you give me more info to perform either. Would think that omni mode is clearly explained in the manual but it isnt. First time I tried to set it up(years ago) contacted Voodoo lab and they had trouble conecting it to an eleven rack which sweetwater used to sell together. Any info you can share is appreciated

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but they have honestly given you all the answers that would solve your issue. If I were you I would take the shell off your rm4 and just like the gentleman said above check for the fuse that is on the midi board. You can not see it until you pull the cover off the the rm4.Then look where the midi connections are and the fuse that is blown will be on that pcb board. Very simple stuff, no one is telling you to split atoms or anything 🤔. If you STILL can't get either midi connection on either one of your controllers then I seriously suggest you load up all of the equipment you want connected and go to your local guitar shop and give them the headache. Happy trails!!

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but they have honestly given you all the answers that would solve your issue. If I were you I would take the shell off your rm4 and just like the gentleman said above check for the fuse that is on the midi board. You can not see it until you pull the cover off the the rm4.Then look where the midi connections are and the fuse that is blown will be on that pcb board. Very simple stuff, no one is telling you to split atoms or anything 🤔. If you STILL can't get either midi connection on either one of your controllers then I seriously suggest you load up all of the equipment you want connected and go to your local guitar shop and give them the headache. Happy trails!!
no offense taken and I aggree the info shared is helpful. Set the board to omni or take off cover and move switches. There was a pic (no longer) showing wich switches. Gcb get's power from cable just not comunicating. I'll take off the cover anything to be cautious with?

Latest posts