RM100 - Issues please HELP

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ibenhad said:
Well after taking the amp completely apart again I have it working. For how long who knows. I did a complete and total bath in contact cleaner, pulled every fuse and tightened up each fuse holder/socket. I re-tensioned each power tube socket and cleaned them and also cleaned the preamp sockets. I made sure every spade connector plug was on tight. Amp is like new. I even dropped 4 new power tubes in it.

The only thing I found out of order were the heater fuses were 6.3amp 250V vs. the 10amp 250V recommended. One also seemed funky. The amp now fires up again and seems to be working. Will play with it for a bit and report back. Lets hope it's solid now.

That's great news!!! :D Sounds like it might have just needed a good ol' cleaning and a little TLC. Tube amps can act like little bitches sometimes when they don't get all their maintenance....I sure hope that this does it for ya'. I have to say that I haven't had an issue with my RM100 yet that wasn't simple maintenance related issues. I'm totally stoked to hear you got it up and running. Sweet!!!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here kids. I only played it for a few minutes. I will put it through it's paces a bit more later this week. I sure hope it works so I can sell it off. Thanks for all the good mojo my way though I do appreciate and sure could use it right now.

Latest posts