RM1250 biasing issue

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disciple

Reaction score
Put this on the back burner for awhile, since it isn't my main setup and got for a backup really. But my RM1250 I got last year at a good deal through a musicgoround from a dent/damage clearance has an issue. It was apparently given the good to go by a tech with them associated with Randall, but now it's not allowing me to bias any tube type with the amp.

When I power it on and put amp into play mode to bias my multimeter shoots up to 90ish in a matter of secs and no matter how far i turn either bias knob it doesn't budge to go down. I can only get a few seconds to try to get down then the tube glows like Captain America and I shut her down.

Tubes are fine, I have a few sets (EL34, 6l6, 6550, 5881) that I use and have tested in my RM4/RT250 rack and my RM100C. So something has happened with the RM1250, that I have no clue what it is. I thought it might be the bias knob itself and Randall says they don't even have the replacement parts for this or a part number for me to order...go figure.

And the nearest authorized Randall repair center is a few hours from me, so that's out of the question.

Anyone else run into this bias issue??