RM4 - all four preamps light up and no sound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werdna

Reaction score
I was playing my RM4 and RT2 and suddenly the sound went. Looks more like the fault of the RM4 than the RT2 given that all four preamp lights went on.

Can anyone tell me what is going on please?

werdna said:
I was playing my RM4 and RT2 and suddenly the sound went. Looks more like the fault of the RM4 than the RT2 given that all four preamp lights went on.

Can anyone tell me what is going on please?

I had this problem once with a particular module in a particular slot. When I removed the module or used it in a different slot the problem went away.

The first thing I would try is remove all of the modules from the slots and try them one at a time and in a different position that you originally had them. Make sure to power down the RM4 before swapping module. Don't hot swap! Rob at Jaded Faith can service that for you.

I had a similar issue with my RM4 but in mine, the sund stayed but all four modules were working at the same time. I unpluugged the power cord for a few seconds and it must have reset. recently, my RM 50 did the same thing but naturally with only two mods. Again, both mods worked at the same time. I unplugged it and took out a module and all has been well since. I thought it was haunted!
rw

I unplugged and it reset and was fine. Still though it leaves a lingering question as to whether this stuff is reliable enough to gig.

I would wager you simply had a dirty connection in a module slot and caused a malfunction of the switching circuitry. It is a good idea to use a contact cleaner that doesn't leave a residue every few months in each module slot as a general maintenance tip.

Great, thanks for the tip. I'll use a non residue contact cleaner on the connections.

Latest posts