RM50/100 Combo weight....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I've owned 3 RM100's (inc the Lynchbox) over the last few years, but am considering a a combo version for future gigs, lugging around etc......
I remember the RM100 Head's being one of the heaviest amps I've ever owned, are the combos just as heavy?

I originally owned an RM100 Head... at 75 lbs it was just to heavy to constantly carry up a tight flight of stairs to and from my music studio....I now have an RM50 head and combo... even the 50 combo is pretty heavy....
Imho. Get an RM50 head.... they are about 45 lbs.... they still are wicked loud if you play any outdoor concerts.

I've got 3 RM100's and one is a combo. It weighs a little over 100 pounds. I use it as My A rig ans its easier to push around instead of a head and a cab.

I would recommend getting one of these if you get a combo. Mine failed after just one move. i don't feel assured they like to be moved. maybe this was bad luck for me but after one practice in another location, the next fiday had me at the shop for repairs.

the RM50 combo nears 75 lbs and is awkward because it's a large combo.

It is an awesome amp however, worth the trouble

If I was to move mine again without this case i would really pack it in the car well, surrounded in foam or blankets

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATA-GLIDER-Case-1-4-Ply-For-RANDALL-RM50S2-50-WATT-1X12-Combo-Amp-/370636201559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564ba39e57

they are mostly plywood, the nice furniture grade stuff but the nailers for the back are mdf. plus a speaker upgrade is usually heavier than the stocker. I had a Delta 12a for a while that added lots of weight, luckily pt didn't sound that good

My main complaint was the weight of the rm50 combo.
hell, for just 2 channels of MTS..I wasnt worth it,to me.
If they offered 3, ok then...
but 2.....wth???????

There are lighter 2 channel tube amps out there. For sure....and the loop never sounded good to me, at all.
Its funny, I really love my rm4..andmy rm22..but I think they really missed the mark with the rm50.
If it was 3 channels,had low weight (neodymium PLEEZE!!) and a good loop..they would have OWNED the competition.
GtrGeorge

Latest posts