Scott Ian modules news!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightdare said:
all nice words, but does anyone have figures of how well the mts line is selling?

this little community may be all that is putting money into it

and even then, a good portion of money is going towards the modders here

Good point. I will add that if the line is not selling well then the "no marketing" approach that they have adopted is a big reason. Their silence almost tells me that they are killing it off by not marketing and not putting out new product.

It is easier to produce non modular amps and target the young high gainer crowd with just a few models to keep track of. Time will tell but I am not giving up my RM100 and will continue to buy, trade, and mod with my current stock.

I think it was Julia that confirmed that Randall took out the inner cover of the latest Guitar Player (?) magazine, promoting the MTS line. That's a pretty serious advertising space. It seems like their marketing is very erratic - nothing, then inner cover of a major guitar magazine...

eyeball987 said:
Nightdare said:
all nice words, but does anyone have figures of how well the mts line is selling?

this little community may be all that is putting money into it

and even then, a good portion of money is going towards the modders here

Good point. I will add that if the line is not selling well then the "no marketing" approach that they have adopted is a big reason. Their silence almost tells me that they are killing it off by not marketing and not putting out new product.

It is easier to produce non modular amps and target the young high gainer crowd with just a few models to keep track of. Time will tell but I am not giving up my RM100 and will continue to buy, trade, and mod with my current stock.
Strange thing, no marketing and no sales ... how could that be? :roll:

People seem to forget that we did have guys from Randall inn here all the time, but we bitched about the new modules they've been announcing for years so much that they stopped showing up. They even said they would if we continued being such criticizing badgers :p (that's in my own words there).

Shinozoku said:
People seem to forget that we did have guys from Randall inn here all the time, but we bitched about the new modules they've been announcing for years so much that they stopped showing up. They even said they would if we continued being such criticizing badgers :p (that's in my own words there).
To be honest that's:
1. very childish of them.
2. their own fault if they announce a product and then don't say anything about it for 3 years straight..

It's not like they said "we're gonna make this" and then later said "well actually due to the time we're halting R&D until things pick up".
They actually only said the first.. about 5 modules(!!) and then we never heard from them again...

It's not a bad thing persee that they're toning down the R&D for a while..
But at least let your customers know where you're at.

By the way: if you innovate in these hard times it gives you a lot of free publicity .. since a lot of bigger companies are toning it down as well.
This could've been an oppertunity to really get into the mainstream view, but they seem to have taken it as a threat and just clammed up.

I agree with the MTS line Randall could have went the versitility for the buck angle and made more people aware of this great system.

They also need to employ some of the modders and improve the stock modules available....I mean there's nothing wrong with them per se...It's just that if there are obvious improvements out there, why not do something to make them widely available???....MTS can trick tone snobs and that is something no other modeling system (perhaps aside from Fractal stuff) can do...My friends are always amazed when a new module arrives...This product line is possibly the best thing going, it could at least grab a small market share if promoted and developed further....No question about it....Pricing is everything in the end....

Mattfig said:
They also need to emply some of the modders and improve the stock modules available....I mean there's nothing wrong with them per se...It's just that if there are obvious improvements out there, why not do something to make them widely available???....MTS can trick tone snobs and that is something no other modeling system (perhaps aside from Fractal stuff) can do...My friends are always amazed when a new module arrives...This product line is possibly the best thing going, it could at least grab a small market share if promoted and developed further....No question about it....Pricing is everything in the end....
They've already implemented the tightness mod and JCM800 mod a while ago.
But I think they have to also be a bit more carefull about coming too close to the original circuit than the modders..

But even considering that I think there's much improvement to be had.
The MTS line generates good quality tones, the modders bring it to "great" and "amazing" which would mean it would be top of the pile :)
I don't think it would cost much more either, of course they need to choose a compromise with the parts and go for the best bang for the buck.. but still that leaves a lot of tweaking to be done. :)

I'm another one who has always and continues to love the MTS line, and especially the modular concept in general! I'm surprised that we don't have more amp manufacturers signing on to the idea and helping to create standards so that musicians can swap and mix and match preamp components using the MTS platform.

While I've always loved the tube sound, I've never felt compelled to invest in a tube amp until I learned about the MTS line. Call it gimmicky, but the idea of a modular all tube system that allows for versatility where tones maintain the richness and depth only made possible with real tube circuits is an indispensible answer for the guitar player who works in many different genres of music. I need for the MTS line to thrive.

Randall advertised the **** out of the MTS line five years ago before they had a bunch of modders out there and when they still had the silverfaces with bugs in the design.

Then once it started getting good they figured they'd work on the other lines. They may return to the MTS forefront soon though.

back on topic...
I spoke to Scott during the Seymour Duncan live chat he did on Wednesday...and said they are hoping to have the modules ready to debut at the NAMM show in January. He seems really stoked on them...and also spoke highly of the Kirk Hammett modules and also the Plexi.

Latest posts