Speaker choices WGS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtr31

Reaction score
Trying to decide on speakers for a 212 cab .I am thinking about WGS matching the Veteran /Retro30 with an ET65 or a Reaper 50..

Anyone tried this?

I have a pair of their CL80 clones and they are great. I had them in one of my Randall cabs in place of the stock V30's for a while until I replaced them with a pair of the Celestion Centuries. I had those in my other Randall 2x12 and wanted both cabs the same to reduce tweaking for different rigs. Still, great speaker and I haven't sold them yet. Probably find a home for them some day. Highly recommend them for the price.

best speakers on the market in my opinion...for the price.

I have a 2x12 with the vet30 and green beret (GB clone)...sounds wicked. i've also been wondering about that et65 as they claim its the perfect match for a vet30. I think your better off with the vet30 and et65 as it will raise your speaker wattage to 120w (if you running a rm100). my combo is only 90w , however with a rm20 its fine. GB speaker is a little harsh i find, however, i would be interested in how the et65 sounds.

my 2c

if you re playin metal eminence speakers are great, i just got a 4x12 vht cab with these eminence p-50 speakers , man they are great , my amp sounds so much clearer now with super tight bass :twisted: . i was playin celestions before and they did sound good but no where near the clarity of the eminence plus they seem to have a better midrange. oh yeah the wgs v30's are good and don't sound hrash like the celestions. if you ever get ahold of a vht cab with the p-50's check it out :twisted:

I ordered the Et65 and the Retro 30 .
the Retro is a Veteran 30 with a little more bottom end punch and a bit more articulation in the upper range.

I had talked to Dave at WGS and he mentioned that the Retro will cut just a lil bit better live.

I will keep ya posted but he said this is a great combo , kind of unusual as the Retro has a higher sensitivity ,and you would think it will way over power BUT his comment was it is more a layered .coloring type of tone .

like running a 5150 with a twin blended .ok maybe not so extreme
but similar idea the 65 brings things that the retro does not and vice versa

Latest posts