Stoner AD vs. Voxyface vs. Twinface? (Salvation)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I am deciding between these. I will be pairing it with an Hwatt. The Hwatt will be cranked all the time and will be the main tone, possibly overdriven with a caitlinbread WiiO. Since all 3 of these modules (except the Hwatt) are built on a clean module, and since I will have EL34's to go with the main Hwatt, which mod do you think will be the best match?

I believe the Twinface would sound great and the fact that it can be pushed will let me cover many cleans and a bit of push.

Does then the Voxyface make sense because it may sound better with the EL34's, it having the British type of EQ sound?

Does the Stoner AD cover nice clean ground and get saturated as well? the clips I've heard sound like it....

So, I guess I'm about to decide on the Voxyface to go next to the Hwatt......but man that Stoner AD looks like fun

any opinions are appreciated,

as you can probably tell I am going for a classic tone here. I do want it to have some (pardon) nuts though, I will travel into sonic madness at some points

Your probably not going to get too many opinions on the Voxyface - I'm not sure, but I don't think there are many out there, as I think I was the one that pushed Anthony into making that one. The Voxyface is a killer module - and it plays really well with either EL34's or 6L6's - it can be chimy, but is still a full sounding module that doesn't get lost in a band mix - it is pretty much the perfect clean. It can be sparkling clean, or even have some grit, but still be clear and articulate, and can do even more gain with the over the top switch on (though I never use it that way).

Its my main clean channel and it beat out the Twinface, Loneclean, and the Stoner AD. The Stoner AD is a cool module - with only the gain pot as the channel volume - it had a really cool vibe, but I could get really close with other modules, same with its gain channel - so it left. I really like the Twinface, and Loneclean (as the loneclean was my main clean channel before I got the voxyface) - and now that I have a Baseman (killer Fender tones out of that one - and all of them are still here) which I really love, the Voxyface is still my go to module for clean tones.

I keep it in the Deluxe (fatter) side of the voicing with the over the top off, gain at about 3, and it just kills - thick, but not overbearing, and sits great in a 5 piece rock/hard rock/hair metal/80's metal band. So along with a HWatt I think it would be a nice contrast, but still work well, if you like the tones out of your current tube/speaker setup.

c2ply said:
if you like the tones out of your current tube/speaker setup.

I'd be interested to know what speakers you are using.. i switched from the stock chinese celestion to a scumback. a better speaker but I still get high frequency fizz when using distortions. I'm thinking about going for a 100 or 150 watt Fane or Weber FC12 in my 1 x 12. I think I don;t want to hear any speaker breakup, just tube saturation

I have just received my Twinface mod.
I am really happy with it. It delivers great Fender cleans when used with lower output guitars. And it makes a very nice additon to the Baseman mod. Its tone is bright but not as bright as the Hwatt. The Baseman will give you deeper bass but the Twinface is just nice sounding. And it has the pushed mode for nice crunch.
I haven't heard the Voxyface only the Matchvox which is not a clean module.

Latest posts