• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thinking about selling my RM80 and pedals...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christianguitarman

Reaction score
I'm considering selling my RM80 and pedals so I can finish my rack rig out... not 100% sure yet if i'm going to... depends on how much I can get out of my gear. First thing I want to know is if anyone is interested in the RM80... it's in pretty good overall condition. Speakers sound great, everything is fully functioning. No large scratches, rips or tears in the exterior... in fact I don't think there are ANY that go all the way through... just some light scuffing... It has casters - don't know if that's standard or not. One of the knobs is missing. The pot still works fine but I have just been too lazy to get a new knob. It has 6550 power tubes in it. I was having alot of problems with it buzzing (nothing even plugged into it) and took it to my amp guy. He opened it and showed me that alot of the solder connections were bad, you could just touch most any of the parts inside and it would start buzzing... anyways, he re-soldered most of the connections and replaced the tubes and it sounds WAAAAY better than it ever has. He also cleaned all of the inputs and outputs. I don't see these often so I don't know what to sell it for... any suggestions or offers? Here is my other gear below... I'd be willing to make a package deal to keep from having to sell it all on the Bay...

Here is my other gear. All bought brand new from Musicians Friend (except the HBE and GMD) in April 2008. Still have all boxes, manuals, and receipts. Products have NOT been registered so if you need to do any updates, etc, you can register it and do it NO problem!!!

SKB PS55 pedalboard - my friend actually bought this from Sweetwater about 3 months after I bought an SKB PS45. He wanted to switch, so I traded him straight up... I have the box for the PS45 still

MXR Zakk Wylde OD

Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah

Homebrew Electronics (HBE) Uno Mos Boost / OD (two knobs and a limited ED black sparkle paint job)

GMD (gearmanndude) Luther Drive - TS808 copy with more Mids - custom skulls paint job - $150 new

Electro Harmonix (EH) Holy Grail Plus reverb pedal

Korg Pitchblack Plus tuner

Eventide TimeFactor Delay - again, NOT updated or registered so it will be a BREEZE to get on their website and register / update this pedal... that's usually the problem buying these used is getting them transfered...

Digitech FS 300 - extension footswitch for Eventide - best one to get since Eventide doesn't make one for it...

Randall RF4 footswitch... doesn't control the RM80 but i've got a Vox footswitch I can throw in to work the RM80... won't need this anymore for my rack since i'll probably get a liquid foot pro

I wouldn't mind holding on to the GMD luther drive and the HBE uno mos but if I have to sell them I will...

I might take the MXR Zack overdrive if the price is right. I keep kicking myself for not picking one up at Sam Ash's Black Friday deal of $40.

well, it's the least used of my OD's so I could probably go $65. I know it's not the Sam Ash price but they are $100 new and go on Ebay for $70 or so on ebay with the box in like new condition. Keeps me from paying Ebay fees.

Latest posts