Tube driver??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefighter1428

Reaction score
I have an RM4 and want to know where I put my tube driver and my digitech gfx1 "twin tube" I use the tubedrive as a boost and the twin tube as a boost and another preamp. I dont use any of the efx on the Digitech.. I have a g-major for that.

Second question.. where dose everone run there pedals?? I have a david gilmour pedal board setup (animals) and want to know should I run them in the rm4 effects loop or in the front of the RM4. Thanks a bunch, I am new to this RM4 and could use some help.

Bump for help.... I getting rid of the Digitech twin tube... Just need help with the pedals. Thanks

ok Thanks. I tried it in front but it dose not have true bypass so it added some color.... I tried in in the loop(series) with my sonic max and it works great. Thanks! I cant seem to get my digitech GFX 1 Twin tube to work with the rm4... I guess it is another preamp so maybe a/b box it or just sell it. I am waiting till after the spring to buy the rm2-50, so right now the rm4 is being fed into my peavey classic 50 with vintage 30s and jj tubes.

With my pedal board so I just feed it into the front of the rm4?? It works with most of the pedals but my Muff sounds way different through the blackface module as to my classic 50... Thanks for the help

If you want to use the GFX as a boost to RM4 and a preamp into the Peavey, you'll need some type of looper/switcher. An Axess GRX4 or maybe even VoodooLab pedal switcher. Both have 4 loops, but the GRX4 needs a MIDI controller pedal.

I have a boss pedal switcher that I run the pedal board through... so I can take all the pedals out of the chain. It has a second loop but thats another like 20 feet of cable. Thanks for the help!! Its a love hate relationship with the twin tub, maybe just get rid of it and finally buy a noise supessor... I can decide

Thanks again

I used a peavey classic 50 amp as a power amp for my RM4....like you...when I first heard my Rm4. I thought it was a really good sound based on that....but once I got the RT 2/50 power amp i was so much more impressed.
The power amp makes such a difference!!

And regarding pedals (and Im a big fan of Gilmore's)...most of the time its guitar into gain/booster/eq type pedals...into Rm4...then the loop of the Rm4 is used for reverb/delay/flange type pedals. Those are basic guidelines. You have to use your ear...some pedals just dont work out. And,in the main..the loop is for rack type stuff...but there are so many companies..thats those are just general guidelines.
hear your Rm4 with a proper power amp..and you'll be happy for days!

Yeah I am saving up for a RT2-50 power amp. Maybe this summer.. but seeing how we are moving in the fall... I dont know. Thanks everyone for the help. Working to get it up the speed over the next week or two.