Voodoo UG Trimpot ???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icarus

Reaction score
I just recently found out that my Ultra XL is actually a Voodoo Amps modified UG Jose. My question is, what does each trim pot do? I have two trimpots, one in the very center, and one to the left of the module (if facing the module's knobs). Thanks guys!

Trace can provide a more technically detailed description, but in short, they affect both the gain and the "feel" of the module. I typically leave them in the Voodoo-specified default positions, which should be marked in black ink on the pots.

I have a Voodoo modded SL+ that has these as well. I do not know if they are the same as on the UG since I don't have that module. Having said that, in the Tsunami mod, the center trim pot affects the overall gain of the module. The left trim pot, looking from the front of the module, affects the bass response of the module. At least that's what I notice when I adjust them in my rig. They may be technically adjusting some other things, but at the macro level that is what I hear.

My rig is fairly bass heavy and I can dial in just the right bass and feel with the left pot. I tend to play at bedroom levels so I really like the feel I can get at lower volumes, but also like the fact that I can adjust it for higher volumes as well. I've left the center trim pot alone since I like where it is set. However, I can see dialing back some gain and then hitting with a pedal for a different option and feel too.

Internal Gain Trim Pots ? I designed these in order to give each player more control over their tone as well as make the modules more versatile over all. Reason being; There are many variables that weigh into the tone such as guitars, pickups, pickup height, etc so if a player wanted more/less gain, low end, etc they would have to ship the module back so we could customize it. You can now adjust the trim pot and to dial in exactly what you are looking for. In addition to changing gain the trim pots are also frequency dependant and effect how the tone feels.

Some trim pots are set to what the Mod calls for though I also dial in the trim pots based on the guitars/pickups that each customer is using. There are a plethora of possibilities once you start experimenting with them and I usually mark the pots so one can always get back to the same settings I dialed in. I also include these with Custom Mods as well.

I hope this helps and as always questions are more than welcome as they help me to better meet your needs.

All the best!
Trace

Latest posts