Went to a show of one of my favorite bands, Gear report.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbause

Reaction score
Last night I went and saw one of my favorite bands, Strung Out, at Reggies last night in Chicago.

I LOVE their recorded tone, its perfect for the style IMO.

So anyway I won't lie, one of the things I most excited about was to see what their live rigs contained and how their live tone stood up.

Anyway when they were the headliner, and what do I see when the second to last band rolls their rigs out of the way?

An RM100 on top of and XL cab on the right, and a Lynchbox half stack on the left.

Their live tone was awesome as I had hoped (though it sounded better at the front of the stage than it did through the monitors, shitty sound man last night IMO, lots of problems with that all night actually).

I won't lie, I was thrilled to see that.
It made me more confident in my choices, and kind of proved that I was following my ears when I got into the MTS stuff.

I couldn't tell what modules they were using, it sounded like a Grail or Ultra XL but I'm not 100% sure. (power tubes, speakers, guitar, pups, etc not knowing what these were it was hard to say for sure, especially with the whole band mix)

Anyway I don't see them on the featured artists page on the Randall site, are they sponsored by Randall?
Or US Music maybe? (one guitarist was playing a washburn)

From the Strung Out website

Equipment Sponsors
Jackson Guitars
Mapex Drums
Daddario'
Paiste Cymbals
Pro Mark Drumsticks
Remo Drum Heads
Washburn Guitars
Randall Amps
Protechtor Cases
Fender
Cadence Academy
Seymour Duncan
Danmar Percussion
Krank Amps

I saw them last year in Aus with No Use for a Name. Jake played through a Dual or Triple Rec and Rob used a 5150, both through Marshall cabs. But I expect that for an Aus tour, they got whatever was available. That's the 2nd time I saw them and both times, I couldn't hear guitars. They were so lost in the mix (way too scooped). I know that they were playing everything spot on, just couldn't hear it. Glad to hear that they've gone with Randall.
Cheers

Latest posts