Which noise gate for the RM100?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
What are you guys using out there? I want to stick to pedals so it's a toss up between either the ISP Decimator, the Boss NS-2, or the MXR Smart Gate. Are you running them up front or in the loop. I've owned the NS-2 but I've been thinking about trying the ISP or the MXR this time round. Discuss...

I run the Hush in my Xpression in the loop and get more help if needed from an ISP on my pedal board out front. Works like a charm, no loss or choking my notes at all.

ISP p-dal at the end of my pedal chain- LOVE IT
It's so intelligent, you can get that cool controllable feedback going and the stop on command. The sound is so minimally affected you won't ever take it out of your chain.

IMHO The ISP DECIMATOR!!! Won't color your sound or take away from your tone like (the boss, Mxr, etc) No feedback, lots of control which is useful for stopping on the dime type riffs. Get it, you can't go wrong!!!

Decimator G-string. I have one of the first units made. It really does the job without coloring the tone.

I guess it's already been said..but don't spend your money on anything other than the ISP. :D

I think the ISP is designed by the HUSH guy(s) who branched off...funny thing, in old Philly row home and clubs, it was a a way of life. Here in Mesa: clean electricity, little need anymore for a hush

crankyrayhanky said:
I think the ISP is designed by the HUSH guy(s) who branched off...funny thing, in old Philly row home and clubs, it was a a way of life. Here in Mesa: clean electricity, little need anymore for a hush
No kidding there! There are a few Philly clubs we play that are okay at best (Doc Watsons comes to mind), but some of the THE WORST electrical situations I have ever seen are around that city. If you ever played Bootleggers in Woodlyn (just past the Philly airport off the Blue Route) it is hands down the worst electrical wiring I have ever seen. I use a Monster Power supply first, run an extension to my Furman Pedal Board, have the Hush in the serial loop and the ISP up front and I can just barely control things! That's 2 power filters and 2 gates! :shock: At home it's dead quiet most of the time and I typically don't even have to kick the ISP pedal in ever or just keep the settings low between 9:00-11:00 at most.

I bought the ISP-Pedal and it?s much better then the noisegate on my old powerball, that sucks !
Used to have a NS-2 with a 5150 but I like the ISP more !