How's everyone doing?

Forum specific news and announcements

VIP Code: MTS12VIP

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

ned
Site Admin

How's everyone doing?

Post by ned » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:35 am

Thought I would create a place for everyone to discuss how they are coping with the pandemic. I believe BAD (Synergy Amps) has closed it's offices like most of the US and the World.

What are you doing to cope with closures, social distancing, etc.

I finally got my WDW rig together and have 2 other rigs I may build. Actually got 2 Syn-2's and my Mod50 wiring up and working without a switcher!!!

Mainly working from home which gets tough because my home office is also my music room :)

Next Saturday a group of us are going to drive through the Texas hill country as the Blue Bonnets are about to be in full bloom. Everyone in their own car of course.
Grail Tone - Amp Settings
My Rig: Egnater Mod 50 1x12 Combo w/ VX and SL2 modules
FX: Digitech GSP1101, RM4 w/ SuperV, JTM45, Plexi, XTC, KH2, TB, H9, G-Major, ton O Rockman stuff

Lespauled
RM20

Re: How's everyone doing?

Post by Lespauled » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:58 am

Thankfully, I'm able to work from home. Looks like it's going to be that way for a while.

I traded for a Randall LB103, and so far, I really like it a lot. Hopefully, it will help, during the quarantine, with the overwhelming bad news we're getting in NYC.

My family is 1.5 weeks into the stay at home, and all things considered, we're doing pretty well. I'm stressed to the max, and having a hard time concentrating for any extended period. Before yesterday, I couldn't play guitar for more than a few minutes before putting it down. I would think back to playing out, and realize that's no longer an option, and wont be for a while. So, I would just stop playing. Yesterday was the first time that I played for more than a few minutes, and it felt pretty good. I had to push through the bad feelings and just try to play.

Hopefully, I can push through more and more, and playing wont give me that feeling any longer.

Nightdare
Lynch Box

Post by Nightdare » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:17 am

The Netherlands is in a "Soft" lockdown
Basically, my work is still open to do the (severely diminished) work that's necessary, but we need so little people, I'm at home "on call"

Luckily it's a "soft" lockdown, and I'm still able to grab my motorcycle and take rides
If the weather doesn't permit, I've got my rig here and a PC capable of doing enough games

notyet
RM100

Post by notyet » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:20 pm

I'm in an essential industry so we're mostly working as usual except spreading out and having some people work from home.

I picked up a Syn-30 on Reverb for a great price, so looking forward to that in a couple of days :)

Wangbar
RM20

Post by Wangbar » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 am

It seems like someone from Synergy could at least post an update as to their status. I have Synergy gear on order and nobody seems to have any idea what’s going on.

sidestepstudios
RM20

Post by sidestepstudios » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:11 am

Just getting back into normal mode in Florida. It's been a while since I checked out the boards here. Good to see people still posting and playing tiehr Synergy and MTS rigs.
Scott Moore
Sidestep Studios
http://sidestepstudios.com