<br>
<b>VIP Code: MTS12VIP</b>

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

germanium
RM20

Hello, New to the forum!

Post by germanium » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi, new member to this forum.
I am very exited about it, because the modular system is something that I really desired when I was a teenager. Never could afford it and then I moved on.
Now in my late 30's and getting back to play and acquire gear. I have always preferred versatility and I was about to buy a modeling system when I found out that Synergy re-launched the Egnater/Randall concept! Wow, now I am hooked and looking to buy either a synergy Syn1 or a Randal rm4...
Synergy modules sound awesome on you tube but I would really like to hear/try them before I buy. I also think that the ones that the modders are making have more personality, but that is only my noob opinion.
Thanks and looking forward to enjoy the forum!

webrthomson
Donating Member

Post by webrthomson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Welcome! My advice, get a Syn2, you will not be disappointed :)

maxxstock
RM100

Post by maxxstock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:07 am

webrthomson wrote:Welcome! My advice, get a Syn2, you will not be disappointed :)
+1
The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.
"Johann Sebastian Bach"

germanium
RM20

Post by germanium » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:53 pm

webrthomson wrote:Welcome! My advice, get a Syn2, you will not be disappointed :)
Thanks for the recommendation... seriously I have been thinking about this the whole weekend. I really have a bad case of G.A.S.... I have a custom made amp head, great gain options but is only one channel, weights a ton (literally) and I would like to be able to have an extra channel, so syn1 sounds cool right? But then I get greedy and want moaar...so then syn2 is a better option, however, I really don't like the skinny rack... so, what about rm4, then I need a rack amp, and put it all in a cabinet that looks like an amp head...its already done, there is the synergy 30, but come on, its only 1 mod space...so syn 50 and call it a day, yes but the budget goes away with it and no money for extra mods...dude! life is hard with all this decision making... :roll: