Who Is RIP-OFF STUDIOS aka Paul Divinci... The Plot Thickens

Forum specific news and announcements

VIP Code: MTS12VIP

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

srrdude
RM100

Post by srrdude » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:09 pm

DC Widowmaker wrote:
srrdude wrote: Seriously. Since he transferred the money out to a bank account THEY HAVE HIS BANK ACCOUNT #. Granted, he could've opened one just for it, but its something.
It certainly is. Banks tend to take enough information about someone when they open an account, for verification. In this day and age of mass surveillance, databases, IP tracking etc. I'm certain that (unless this guy is a criminal mastermind, in which case he'd be gunning for more than $10k) with the right people on the case, this guy can be caught. Question is... if he was, would we get our money back anyway? Doubt it. Hence, the relevant authorities probably won't get involved unless we REALLY demand it.
My father was ripped off a few years back, fbi caught him and he was put in prison. They are nice enough to send him letters to give him updates on the situation. Three days ago, he called me to tell me got a letter telling him that the criminal was released on parole, violated his parole, and put back in prison.

I dont know if you can recover you're funds, but you CAN take action to get this fucker where he belongs: Bent over next to a guy named butch.

harsh
RM100

Post by harsh » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:01 am

Well, I got an email from Paypal giving me a standard answer:

"PayPal has concluded the investigation of your Buyer Complaint. As our policy states, we conducted this investigation on a best effort basis and made no guarantee of funds recovery.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future, and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Please let me know if you need further assistance."

Damn corporates! :x I'm now going to complain against Paypal, though I have a feeling nothing much would come from it. Is anyone else doing this as well?
www.myspace.com/karybdisband

Jackson guitars, ESP guitars
Randall RM4+Jaded Faith Ultra XL & XTC, Pete Ultra Lead,Modded Recto,Grail,Clean,Modern.
Mesa Boogie Amps
Rocktron Xpression/G-Major
Behringer FCB1010
Samson Power conditioners

harsh
RM100

Post by harsh » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 am

OK, I just filed my complaint, lets see if it helps.

Guys, I suggest the rest of you do the same as soon as possible in order for this to have any results. Me complaining alone is not going to achieve much.

Randall RM4+Jaded Faith Ultra XL & XTC, Pete Ultra Lead,Modded Recto,Grail,Clean,Modern.
Mesa Boogie Amps
Behringer FCB1010

Masterblaster27
RM20

Post by Masterblaster27 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 am

It's very obvious that PayPal is not going to do Jack s*&t unless forced to by law enforcement so first you need to get this case located in a jurisdiction who will investigate. Is that Winston Salem PD? In other words where did the crime actually occur? PayPal should be required to disclose the bank and location to which Mr. Divinci tranfered the fraudulently obtained funds. Once you have the actual location where he picked up the cash you can get local PD to begin fraud investigations. Without this info I don't think any local PD's will get involved because they have too many other priorities. You just need to keep knocking on doors until you find someone who gives a s*&t and is willing to do some investigation and be the center point of communications for all the victims. Even though I was able to recover my funds I filed an FBI internet crime report online yesterday just so they have it on file. I would recommend everyone else do the same. It may also help if each of you file a complaint at your local PD and maybe some detective can help get PayPal to disclose the bank info. As far as I am concerned there is no BS privacy protection for criminals. It seems more like PayPal is being complicit in the crime rather than helping solve it. The other piece of the puzzle, which only eBay can provide, is how many other eBay victims are there that we don't know about who didn't use PayPal? I think this fraud is MUCH larger than the victims on this forum.

MYDEMISE
RM100

Post by MYDEMISE » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:04 am

Winston Salem police

725 N. Cherry St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
(336) 773-7700

By the way they say there is no address that Paul Divinci gave to people at 224 Forest lane ave. Only forest drive. They are looking into it.
Adding my 2 cents, worth 1 cent on this forum since 2009

DC Widowmaker
RM100

Post by DC Widowmaker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 am

Masterblaster27 wrote:The other piece of the puzzle, which only eBay can provide, is how many other eBay victims are there that we don't know about who didn't use PayPal? I think this fraud is MUCH larger than the victims on this forum.
That's a VERY important point, and the rest of your post was spot on too.

I'm going to write a letter to Winston-Salem police this weekend (don't have time before then) detailing what has happened and requesting that they investigate. What I'll do is put the letter up on here and urge everyone involved to copy, paste, amend (if they wish) and send a copy also. I have a feeling that I won't be taken as seriously because I'm non-American, so I'd be relying on US victims to get involved and back me up.

ocaptainjr2
RM20

Police/Feds

Post by ocaptainjr2 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 am

You can try to file locally with Winstom-Salem or the state of NC, since that is likely where the bank he used was located, and where the proceeds from the fraud would have been withdrawn. However, this is clearly interstate commerece, which falls under federal jurisdiction. Since nothing was actually sent through the mail, I would guess this would be something for the FBI to investigate.

As previously mentioned, I have already filed a complaint here:

http://www.ic3.gov/

DC Widowmaker
RM100

Re: Police/Feds

Post by DC Widowmaker » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:39 am

ocaptainjr2 wrote: As previously mentioned, I have already filed a complaint here:

Just did this, and I urge everyone to. Only takes 5 minutes. I also stated the sum involved at $10,000 and listed all members who were conned. I figure they'll take us more seriously if we approach it unified, rather than each of us with our less significant sums of money lost.

BIGKAHUNA
RM100

Post by BIGKAHUNA » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:01 am

Where ever this Ass-Clown is you know he is rectum is puckered. I am sure he never really thought this through. He probably had an exit strategy planned when he executed the scam but never really thought that it was gong to bring on an FBI man hunt. How f&*king stupid can you be. Believe me 10K aint worth the BS he brought on his self.

Paul-RIP-Ass Clown-Studios-Divinci I know you are reading this. Just remember Bro...at the end of the day you did it to yourself. Modules, Amps, Guitars the lifestyle and enjoyment that go along with them are about to be a distant memory. Any gear funds you might have been able to accumulate will be tied up in legal fees and hopefully restitution. If you needed cash there a thousands of honest ways to get it if you have an ounce of character.

Parting words - Karma is a bitch, Soap-on-rope and Sphincter relaxation exercise. Best wishes.

Mailman1971
Lynch Box

Post by Mailman1971 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:04 am

BIGKAHUNA wrote:Where ever this Ass-Clown is you know he is rectum is puckered. I am sure he never really thought this through. He probably had an exit strategy planned when he executed the scam but never really thought that it was gong to bring on an FBI man hunt. How f&*king stupid can you be. Believe me 10K aint worth the BS he brought on his self.

Paul-RIP-Ass Clown-Studios-Divinci I know you are reading this. Just remember Bro...at the end of the day you did it to yourself. Modules, Amps, Guitars the lifestyle and enjoyment that go along with them are about to be a distant memory. Any gear funds you might have been able to accumulate will be tied up in legal fees and hopefully restitution. If you needed cash there a thousands of honest ways to get it if you have an ounce of character.

Parting words - Karma is a bitch, Soap-on-rope and Sphincter relaxation exercise. Best wishes.
+10000
Going to suck living the rest of your life looking over your shoulder and scared to open up a bank account or use a credit card. Oh well....
Hope that little bit of money was worth living in peace.
KEEP METAL ALIVE!

DC Widowmaker
RM100

Post by DC Widowmaker » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:17 am

BIGKAHUNA wrote:He probably had an exit strategy planned when he executed the scam but never really thought that it was gong to bring on an FBI man hunt.
So someone has initiated this and informed the FBI then?

Viper
RM20

Post by Viper » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:43 am

If he gets caught you guy can file a class action suit against him for your money.
1981 Ibanez Artist
1989 Gibson Explorer custom Shop
1996 Fender Stratocaster
1996 Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition
Randall RH200
Marshall Lead100 Mosfet
Marshall AVT

harsh
RM100

Post by harsh » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:04 am

DC Widowmaker wrote:
ocaptainjr2 wrote: As previously mentioned, I have already filed a complaint here:

OK, I just filed a complaint here as well. This is getting serious - I hope they catch him soon. :evil:

Mesa Boogie Amps
Behringer FCB1010

Bewitagos1
RM100

Post by Bewitagos1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 pm

harsh wrote:
DC Widowmaker wrote:

OK, I just filed a complaint here as well. This is getting serious - I hope they catch him soon. :evil:
I filed as well. Don't have much faith I'll ever get my money back or that he will be brought to justice. Maybe just by saying that, murphies law will prove me wrong.
2-RM100's
Rob Modded 1086,XTC,Pete Modded Ultra XL, Clean
Decimator ProRack G -TC Electronics G-Major
Suhr Modern
Listening to Mastodon-Tool-Slipknot-Alice in Chains

Ugg
RM100

Post by Ugg » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:08 pm

I just filed a complaint as well. Hopefully if enough of us complain they will take notice.
Egnater M4 x 2 | AxeFx2 | RT2/50 | Marshall 4x12 (V30)
Randall RM20
Too many modules to list!