MY 2 CENTS ON THE RIP (OFF) DILEMMA

Forum specific news and announcements

VIP Code: MTS12VIP

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

T-BONE
RM20

MY 2 CENTS ON THE RIP (OFF) DILEMMA

Post by T-BONE » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 pm

I don't normally check the forum but once a week or so and I can't believe what is going on. I am a 2 1/2 year forum user who chimes in lightly but has learned everything I know about my favorite amps from here and loves this group forum.
With that being said I was skeptical about doing my 1st swap on here about 3 months ago. I swapped out a mod with BEWITAGOS1 and my faith in internet dealings was restored! (awesome dude). So I did it again with guess who?(RIP STUDIOS) about a month ago. Well he seemed a little strange so I asked for his # which he quickly gave me and I'd called him. We talked shop for about 20 minutes or so and I felt comfortable doing the trade. The trade went great. I got conformation that he got the mod.(I thought it was strange when I tried to PM him a couple of times to see if he liked it he never returned my message). And my module was fine.
So now I feel shitty for all you guys on here who got ripped!!! It seems that a few guys on here and myself were fall guys to make him look trusting. He even started a new GOOD GUYS list when my trade went through and I actually commented on him being someone to trust.(I will be handling that next).
If I can help in anyway let know as I am F'n ripped !!! that a s*&t head would do this and ruin what was a great trusting forum.
Below I am listing the # and address I was given from him. I hope it helps as I am sure you already have this info.
Keep it shreddin guys and I am sorry !!!

e-mail - ripstudiosnc@gmail.com
address - 224 forest hills ave
Winston Salem, Nc 27105
# - 336-602-2313
RAW RIPP'N !!
www.myspace.com/kulturmusic

RM100KH
KH1/KH3/Ultra XL/Recto
XL cab's
Alesis multiverb
Morley Bad Horse
Phase 90
MXR Zakk OD
Decimator NS (pedal)

ultim8dude
RM50

Post by ultim8dude » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:21 pm

wow, thanks man. Based on his IP I found another address, but I'll try calling him and check it out.

EDIT: Seems like your address is the one that someone already checked out, where a bunch of goth kids were hanging out. The house is for sale just so you know. Seems sketchy..
Last edited by ultim8dude on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

Post by crankyrayhanky » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 pm

# nis

Bewitagos1
RM100

Re: MY 2 CENTS ON THE RIP (OFF) DILEMMA

Post by Bewitagos1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:14 pm

T-BONE wrote:I don't normally check the forum but once a week or so and I can't believe what is going on. I am a 2 1/2 year forum user who chimes in lightly but has learned everything I know about my favorite amps from here and loves this group forum.
With that being said I was skeptical about doing my 1st swap on here about 3 months ago. I swapped out a mod with BEWITAGOS1 and my faith in internet dealings was restored! (awesome dude). So I did it again with guess who?(RIP STUDIOS) about a month ago. Well he seemed a little strange so I asked for his # which he quickly gave me and I'd called him. We talked shop for about 20 minutes or so and I felt comfortable doing the trade. The trade went great. I got conformation that he got the mod.(I thought it was strange when I tried to PM him a couple of times to see if he liked it he never returned my message). And my module was fine.
So now I feel shitty for all you guys on here who got ripped!!! It seems that a few guys on here and myself were fall guys to make him look trusting. He even started a new GOOD GUYS list when my trade went through and I actually commented on him being someone to trust.(I will be handling that next).
If I can help in anyway let know as I am F'n ripped !!! that a s*&t head would do this and ruin what was a great trusting forum.
Below I am listing the # and address I was given from him. I hope it helps as I am sure you already have this info.
Keep it shreddin guys and I am sorry !!!

e-mail - ripstudiosnc@gmail.com
address - 224 forest hills ave
Winston Salem, Nc 27105
# - 336-602-2313
First time I ever got shafted on a transaction. T's a great guy to, thanks for the kind words bro (hope that Mod is still banging for ya)

the 1086 modded by Rob (jadedfaith) is down right sick but still way manageable.
Jimmie
2-RM100's
Rob Modded 1086,XTC,Pete Modded Ultra XL, Clean
Decimator ProRack G -TC Electronics G-Major
Suhr Modern
Listening to Mastodon-Tool-Slipknot-Alice in Chains

Masterblaster27
RM20

Post by Masterblaster27 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Google results for the phone number are to one Dominia Divinci. Also found this: "RARE HR GIGER GUITAR #90 OF 500 MADE MUST SEE... WAS $1800.00 NEW WILL SELL FOR $700.00 HURRY WONT LAST!!! IS COLLECTORS PIECE IN AS NEW SHAPE AS BOUGHT. QUESTIONS CALL 336-602-2313 ...pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/990327647.html - Similar pages" no cached page available

and from Yahoo: "RARE IBANEZ H.R. GIGER RGT HRG1 #90 OF 500
Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, ... CAN CALL ME FOR MORE INFO AT 336-602-2313 OR EMAIL ME AT ripstudiosnc@gmail.com...london.craigslist.co.uk/msg/989364174.htm

Intelius found one Paul Divinci in Winston Salem,NC with a relative Dominia here (if this link works): http://www.intelius.com/search-summary- ... portType=1&

Also found only one Dominia Divinci 127 North St, Salem, MA 01970 but, unkown if it is the same one. http://www.zabasearch.com/maps/?sname1= ... &int_var=3

ultim8dude
RM50

Post by ultim8dude » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Strange...maybe the Divincis are professional swindlers, probably not though, considering how easy information on them has been tracked down (even though it might not be correct).

srrdude
RM100

Post by srrdude » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Masterblaster27 wrote:"RARE HR GIGER GUITAR #90 OF 500 MADE MUST SEE... WAS $1800.00 NEW WILL SELL FOR $700.00 HURRY WONT LAST!!! IS COLLECTORS PIECE IN AS NEW SHAPE AS BOUGHT. QUESTIONS CALL 336-602-2313 .
Ha its even in all caps.