• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Salvation MarkUs, Gigmods mark and stock Super V-SOLD OUT

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
Salvation MarkUs $425 shipped-Antonin really nailed the vintage Mesa Boogie Mark series tone. You can dial in anything from Mark 1 to the Quad preamp tones. Lots of tone options with a noise gate that works REALLY well. Personally I think this one likes EL-34s.
MarkUs SOLD to JKD!

Gigmods Mark $349 shipped-Pete says he tried to get as close to his Mark III as he could. This one is better for high gain tones. Personally I think it sounds more like some of the more modern Boogie amps. Maverick, Stiletto, Nomad, etc. Personally I think this one likes 6L6s.
Gigmods Mark SOLD to jet149!

Stock Super V $159 shipped-Great Vox tones! Great for Beatles and Queen tones. With the gain cranked it has kind of a Nuno tone. Much less gain then the Top Boost module, allowing you to actually get clean Vox tones.
Super V SOLD on eBay.

I love all of these modules and if I had the money, I'd keep them all. Send me your offers. Prices with shipping only for the lower 48 United States.
Cheers,
Jace

kylendm said:
What's the matter. Mark not what you were looking for?
As cool as the Mark module is, the XTC is a little more "me." It has a certain width and open sound that I like. So I'm going to try a JF XTC and see how that sounds.

audiomidijace said:
kylendm said:
What's the matter. Mark not what you were looking for?
As cool as the Mark module is, the XTC is a little more "me." It has a certain width and open sound that I like. So I'm going to try a JF XTC and see how that sounds.

FWIW Hilligan's XTC is the bees knees...never cared for any other variation but I really tried to like 'em..multiple times!

Not to hijack this thread (and JKD you're a dirty ******* - I wanted that MarkUS :p), but I am also *very* interested in an XTC module. I contacted Pete regarding his, as I loved the sound clips of it. Have you tried Pete's flavor of the XTC, JKD? If so, what did you think?

Btw, Jace, I am still thinking about the Pete Mark ;)

rhequiem said:
Not to hijack this thread (and JKD you're a dirty ******* - I wanted that MarkUS :p), but I am also *very* interested in an XTC module. I contacted Pete regarding his, as I loved the sound clips of it. Have you tried Pete's flavor of the XTC, JKD? If so, what did you think?

Btw, Jace, I am still thinking about the Pete Mark ;)

I tried 2 different versions of Pete's XTC..just wasn't my thing I guess...it sounded pretty much like the Red Channel of the Bogner ... even had one with all the deluxe options, including the lower gain switch but there was something about it I didn't get along with in the lower gain mode...

Hard to pin it down but I think prefer the Blue side of the XTC voicing, just with a little more gain, but smoother than the stock Randall XTC or the real Bogner...hence the Hilly mod.

It's entirely possible my tone tastes have changed over time period I've owned any of this stuff though.

Pete's module had a lot of options and definitely delivered what he went after in the design...I was just wanting that 'AIC' thing...call it a one trick pony if you like...but the Hilly XTC found a home in my desert island RM4 four :)

FWIW I own a Pete (Gigmods) Mark and that's also currently in my dream 4....not really expecting the MarkUS to change that but I have to try it....Antonin's work is mindbogglingly good....I tried quite a few and ended up keeping his Deadplate special so far.

I just (yesterday) got my "Dr Feelgood" module (A custom Salvado Deluxe based on an Egnater module) that I bought off Tehuk. It's my first Salvation experience. Wow. What a great module - so flexible. That's the one that knocked my Friedman HBE out of the rack, and that's saying something. I'm thirsty for more of Antonin's work, and am working on rectifying that. However, Pete's "Modern" module is still probably my overall favorite module right now, along with his 1087. Pete does some amazing work, too. I also have a JF Recto that's pretty amazing, too... I can see why people dump their MTS stuff - it's becoming a burning, festering addiction to try EVERY module and mod! I think this is compelling evidence for the need of a "Modswap" service hehe

Btw, free bump! :)

audiomidijace said:
Antonin's work is mindbogglingly good....I tried quite a few and ended up keeping his Deadplate special so far.

Which other Salvation mods have you tried?

LoneClean
Mandarine
Custom 3
Deadplate
KH23 (this one belongs to Morgmetal though)

...might have even been one more I forgot,

My Deadplate has a pot in which adjusts the mids..nice feature...shameabout the oise gate, coz that affects to tone and feel a little...I hear it was improved since my module was made thought

Strangely of all the Salvation modules the Mash-all was one I really dis-liked....based only on the demo clips..have not owned one.

rhequiem said:
What did you think of the Custom 3?

Go listen to the clips...if you like that Megadeth tone you'll love it. Nice flexibility with the Dave/Marty voicing switch too. Overall I found it to be a bit too bright with my v30/h30 cab,

It really vindicates the MTS concept though..,since it nails that tone of that CAE preamp, if not beats it.

Has anyone done any modifications to the Super V? I'm surprised these aren't more popular. The Vox AC-30 has always been a classic, but it seemed like "everyone" was using them a few years ago. I've always thought Randall should have replaced the Top Boost module with the Super V. They could have kept the price low and sold 3 times as many modules.